Chapter 11

When I woke up in the hospital, it was a pain in the ass. The blinds were open, and it wasn't dark. I didn't even get much sleep. I kept waking up every 30-60 minutes after I fell asleep. My back ached, and the hospital food was disgusting, I had better food at camp when we ate natural things only.

Elijah was, surprisingly, there every time I woke up, but right now that I'm awake for good there was no one. Great, leave me when I need someone the most. I seriously don't remember anything from last night, only getting mugged, getting to know Elijah and Rebekah, some blind spots also about the hospital itself.

I sighed and pushed away the hospital cover and noticed I was wearing a hospital gown. I really do hope a girl changed me. The contact control. I reached for it, and the IV pain shot up my arm. I hate IV's really hate then. I got the control, and felt like the needle broke inside my arm. It felt like it stabbed at my vein.

I pressed the 'nurse' button and let my arm rest.

I heard the door open and looked, expecting to see a nurse, but instead found Jer walking in with bloodshot eyes.

"Jer, what's wrong?" I asked, scared that something might have happened.

He said nothing and only crushed me in a hug. I gasped in surprise and wrapped the one arm that wasn't hooked up to wires and tried to soothe him. What's wrong with him?

"We couldn't find you Gem. I was so worried."

Wait, he was like this because of me? I pulled away and looked him in the eyes.

"I'm okay Jer."

"No you're not! You're in a hospital bed and you could've been dead for all we know!" he exclaimed in tears.

"But I'm not Jer. I'm alive. I'm okay. I'm not dead, I won't be for a long time." I pressed a hand to my forehead. "I was mugged, yes. But I'll be alright."

He shook his head and the door opened, once again, and a nurse walked in with Elena and Damon behind her.

"Oh my God. Gemma."

She embraced me in a hug as well, crying. Seeing her cry made me want to cry, and I did. I let it out. It was something that I had to do, ever since that horrible day.

"You had us worried there Wildfire," I heard Damon say.

"I was so worried. Why do you go out by yourself after everything that's happened. I can't afford to loose you. I won't loose anyone anymore."

I laughed a little, then my small laugh turned into full on laughter.

"I-wh-why are you laughing?"

I couldn't answer, but heard the nurse say, "she's on strong medication. Might have a concussion, can I speak to you outside, ms. Gilbert?"

"I saw those girls get killed, D-Damon," I spurted, laughing, but then stopped. "They were beheaded. Jeremy, I don't remember his face, but I do remember what he did. They were odd girls...odd...."

I felt my eyes getting droopy and my body shut down. "Fangs...they had them. So does...Stefan."

All I remember from then is sleeping heavily and not waking up every hour.

*****

There were people talking all around me. They weren't regular people. These people had wicked looks, veins surrounding their eyes. They were taunting me, making me fear their fangs. I tried to run, but felt myself in someone's arms, I turned to see who it was, and saw Damon smirking down at me.

I wanted to yell, speak, but Damon put his arm around my throat and I clawed at his arm and tried to get the others attention to help me. But they weren't, they were just staring.