6

---Atif's POV---

"How did it go?" I asked Mithul.

"Oh my God! She is so beautiful. I'm such a lucky guy. Her personality is incredible," he gushed on about his future wife.

Well, at least one of us is happy.

I was thankful that he didn't ask me anything.

I got my job back, because I "agreed" to marry the girl.

She wasn't even my type.

There was a knock at the door and our security was there.

"Hey," we both said.

"Sir, there is a women waiting for you downstairs. She said she is your finacèe," she said.

I was going to ask which one of us is she talking to but Mithul gave it away.

"Sh*t!" He said looking at the time. "Tell her I will be right there."

"Yes sir," she said.

"And listen!" He said calling her back.

"Make sure she feels welcomed. Offer her a drink or a snack. Make sure nobody disrespects her," he said.

"Yes sir," she said and left.

I was just sitting here suprised. He started to put his stuff away.

"Alright. I will see you later," he said.

He left before I could even tell him not to, because this project is due tomorrow.

Stupid girl! Can't she just not show up. They had lunch together yesterday. Ugh!

---Mithul's POV---

"I am so sorry," I said.

"It's okay. I wasn't waiting for too long," she said.

I took her hand and we started talking, until Atif's dad/my boss came by us.

He started talking to me about a project due tomorrow and I told him that we were working on it.

"It's just that my finacèe was waiting to have lunch, so I hope you don't mind. I promise, I will get back to it," I said.

"I can wait if it is really important," Anika said.

"No-no. Atif will handle it. You both go and enjoy," he said.

"I wish my son would learn how to find a decent girl and keep her happy," I said to himself but I heard it.

"Are you sure? I really don't mind waiting. I don't want him to loose his job because of me," she said.

"Go before his lunch is over," he said and we left.