33

Shyama's POV

Atif left me stunned by his words. He loves me! I couldn't believe it! Oh my God he loves me!

I took the divorce papers and my suitcase because I had to mess with him. I'm jumping with joy on the inside.

Atif's POV

I was waiting for what felt like an eternity. It shouldn't take her that long to make a decision. I told her that I love her, what else could she want?

"Atif," I heard her say and I turned around.

My heart sank when I saw the suitcase and papers.

"I've made my decision," she said.

Obviously.

"Ya, I kinda figured that out," I said.

I just wanted to leave so I started to walk away.

"I love you too!'' She said and I stopped in my tracks.

I turned back around.

" I don't even know what you want in your wife, but I'll try to be that. I promise," she said.

"Your already everything I want in a wife," I said. "Just took me a while to figure it out."

With that she hugged me & I returned it.

"I'm so happy that it didn't work out with Nandika," I said

"Me too," she said.

"Thank you for helping my sister out and putting up with me," she said after a few seconds.

I kissed the top of her head.

"Of course," I said.

"Will you at least eat what I make now?" She asked.

I laughed at that.

"Yes. I promise to stop lying about not being hungry because that's never benefited me," I said and she laughed at that.

The doorbell rang and I heard dad open it.