35

Shyama's POV

I decided to go to the mall while my husband caught up on some work. Rohan and his wife were out of the state, so I couldn't ask my sister to go with me.

I had just come out of the trial of the trial/fitting room to look in the mirror.

Not bad, I thought to myself.

"You look hideous. No wonder your husband doesn't like you."

I turned to see Nandika.

Oh God, not this b*tch again.

I just ignored her and went back to the trail room. I switched my clothes and went to go and buy the dress.

"How dare you ignore me?" She asked walking behind me.

"Like this," I said getting into my car.

She put her hand to stop the door, but I closed it.

"OUCH! My hand! You b*tch!" She yelled.

I opened it and let it take her hand. While she was looking at it, I drove off.

I know that my husband likes me, so I tried not to think about what she said.

Atif's POV

Is it salt first or pepper? Wait, am I supposed to onions in this? Ugh!

Where's Shyama? I need help.

Right when I asked that she walked in, but she was looking mad and upset.

No hi or anything, she just went upstairs. I turned off the stove and went after her.

She was standing on the balcony. I went and put my arms around her & kissed her cheeck.

"What happen?" I asked

She went on and told me what Nandika said and how she slammed her hand in the door.

"So why is that bothering you?" I asked.

"I don't know. I guess I still get insecure sometimes," she said.

"Well," I said turning her to face me. "There's no need to be. You can't let someone get to you, espically not her. If I didn't like you then we wouldn't be as close as we are."

She hugged me which I returned.

"If I don't say this enough then I'm sorry, but I love you," I said.

"I love you too," she said.

We stayed like that for a few seconds.

"Now, can you help me make the food before the guest arrive?" I asked.

"It's not done?" She asked.

"Well, uuuummmm I tried,"I said. "But uumm why don't you just look."

We walked into the kitchen and she looked at me.

"Hey! I tried," I said.

"Uh-huh," was her reply.

We both got to work on making food. It took us a while because we started to mess around.

After we were done the guest started to come. Today was just a family together. We still lived with my parents, but I didn't talk to them a lot. I only talked when I needed to. Shyama still talked to them and I decided to just let her.

She came downstairs wearing a beautiful dress and make-up all done.

"You look beautiful," I said

"Thank you," she said.

"Is this the dress that Nandika saw you in?" I asked and she nodded.

"I'm making her an eye appointment," I said and she laughed.

I went to go and change as more people arrived and just like that we got busy with family.