26

Atif's POV

Today was the day of the wedding. I had talked to mom & dad and they both agreed to let them 2 stay here.

I was waiting for Shyama to come out so I can go and change.

She came out in a simple outfit with a look of something bothering her. I didn't care what that was, I just went to change.

Aaryahi was with mom since the groom couldn't see her before the wedding.

I changed and went to see Rohan. Now that I know he's not romantically involved in Shyama's life, I found him easier to deal with.

Dad said it was time for the ceremony so we left.

We had the ceremony be in a small venue. There were about 20 of the real closet to them people there.

I noticed one guy kept staring at Shyama, but she didn't even glance at him.

What do people see in her anyways?

The ceremony went by really fast and I was thankful that nothing went wrong.

Aaryahi came to me while everyone was busy

"I don't know how to thank you for everything," she said.

I smiled at her.

"You don't have to thank me," I said.

"I do. I mean you took in my sister and care about her," she said. "And then you risked everything to make sure I'm not married to that guy."

I don't care about your sister.

"It's okay. I promise it was nothing," I said.

She hugged me and I returned it.

"Thank you," she said.

"It's okay. Now wipe your tears and go with your husband to get ready for the reception," I said.

She nodded and did as told.

Normally I would have been happy but today I'm getting annoyed looking at Shyama and seeing her not happy.

Something is definitely up. Why isn't she happy? Or did she actually want to be with Rohan?

"Penny for your thoughts," I said.

She just looked at me, shook her head and left.

Well, okay then.

It was eventually time to get going so we all went.

I got back to see taking a nap. She was still in the same outfit & she still had her makeup and jewelry on.

Did she faint or something?

I woke her up mostly because we had to start getting ready for the reception & I even told her.

"I don't want to go," she said. "Something doesn't feel right."

Ya, I know.

"Are you upset that you didn't end up with Rohan? Or are you just jealous of your own sister?" I asked.

"I'm not! I like you, you dum idiot," she said.

"That explains why you've been upset all day," I said.

"Just go to hell!" She yelled at me.

"Already did the day I married you & I'm still there," I said.

"Whatever. I'm going to get ready and you do whatever you want," she said and left.

How dare she raise her voice at me? I'll teach her a lesson.