28

Shyama's POV

The doctor had suggested bed rest was best for me. I had taken a warm bath and was now watching a movie wrapped in 2 blankets.

But my focus was on the fact that Atif kissed me back! My husband kissed me back! Maybe things might work out.

He was off of work for a week, which made me happy because he deserves it.

His phone went off and I decided to answer it, since he was downstairs and I wasn't allowed to go.

"Babe, I miss you so much! Let's repeat what we did last night," she said.

I knew this was Nandika but what happen last night.

"Kick your wife out & let's have a great repeat. This time we can meet at my house. I knew you'd want me back," she said.

No! No! No! There is no way he cheated on me! He was so passionate in our kiss & he cares about me.

"Babe, why aren't you saying anything? You told me last night that you wanted to get me pregant because it would be the best revenge," she said.

I hung up the call not wanting to hear anymore as he walked in.

"We have to talk," he said. "That kiss was a mistake. I should never have kissed you."

Is he serious? That means he did cheat on me last night.

"Do you even like me?" I asked.

"No," he said. "It's the guilt that is making me care."

I wanted to break down and cry.

"You slept with Nandika last night," I said and looked at me shocked.

"How do you know?" He asked.

Oh my God! It's true!

"You jerk! Get away from me!" I yelled at him.

"It was a mistake," he said.

"A mistake? You kicked your wife out in the pouring rain and then sleep with your ex. How is that a mistake?" I asked.

"I was mad and I wasn't thinking straight," he said.

"You wanted her pregant! You wanted to sleep with her again," I said.

He didn't say anything for a few seconds.

"Do you really hate me that much?" I asked.

No reply.

"I will give you the divorce that you married me for," I said. "Now please get out. I have to take a nap."

He left. He didn't say anything, he just got up and left.

I broke down after he left. I prayed for the pain to stop.