Chapter:4

I stayed at my grandparents house for almost two weeks before I left for Houston. Once I reached it I quickly went to pay my fees and get two stalls for my horses before taking my back number and stall keys back to my trailer to put my boys up. I made sure they had fresh bedding and fresh water before giving them their grain and a low hay net. "Look at who's here. Got tired of just bull riders?"

"Nice to see you too Anderson." I said as I locked both stalls up. "What? No hug for me?" He asked. "No. Because I know your wife will want an explanation for why your hugging another woman than her." I said. "Your so right Mickey." He said. AND NO ONE CALLS ME MICHELLE! I went back to my trailer and was goofing around when R.J. called me for the millionth time.

I threw it onto the side table and continued watching whatever was on. It continuously rang until I turned it off completely. I know I should answer it because it could be any of the guys worried about me. I'm fine. I finally got a moment to breathe for once. I fell asleep from the silence before I was woken up by a pounding at my door. I got up and looked out the window seeing Anderson.

I opened the door. "What do you want?" I asked him. "Wanna go rope with a few of the guys?" He asked. "Still trying to get over what my boyfriend has done." I said. "You need to dump him and find someone who will actually love you." He said. "Then he still won't leave me alone!" I shouted as I pulled my boots on. He leaned on the doorframe as I gabbed my rope from under the couch and turned the tv off.

I grabbed my keys and the stall keys before stepping out, leaving my phone and going to the stalls. "Oh and my wife is still working as a counselor some high school near my house." He said as I got my roping saddle. I carried it to the stalls as he droned on about how his wife doesn't like him doing this, this, and this. "And yet you two don't live under the same roof." I said as I got to Drags stall.

I unlocked my tack trunk and pulled a bridle out before going into his stall. "Any newfound love interests that could take over this abusive guy?" He asked. "Yeah. I've chose to try and ignore him at the moment." I said. "I'd answer the next time he calls." He said. "Which will be every second of every day until I answered it." I told him. "Still he may be wanting to ask you to go somewhere with him and so that boyfriend of yours may see that your more interested in a guy that's actually doing something right instead of doing something wrong." He said.

"Ok. Then run back to my trailer and on the side table next to the couch." I said handing him the keys. "You turn it on and your dead." I yelled out as he jogged back. I trust the guy, he's like a big brother to me to be honest. I finished tacking Drags up by the time he was back. I turned it on seeing dozens of calls. It lit up again this time I answered as I led Drags out to the ring. "Why didn't you pick up?" Was his first question.

I could hear worry in his voice. "I've just been busy." I told him. "Ok. Where are you?" He asked. "In Houston at the rodeo and stock show." I told him. I heard him sigh. "Maybe I'll stop by to see you during the summer." I said. "Or you'll let me go with you while you rodeo?" He asked. "Maybe." I said leaning on the rail. "Would you mind if right after I get done here, if I fly down to Houston to watch you then leave Friday to get to my next one?" He asked.

"I honestly don't care. I'll see if I could get a pass for you." I said. "I've got to go. Talk to you later." I hung up before turning my back to the ring. He sent me a text. 'I really need to talk to you when I arrive.' I sent an ok before pocketing my phone and mounting my horse. I roped a bit with the guys before going back to my trailer.