Chapter:18

I sat on the counter waiting. RJ said he was going to go muck the pens while waiting. So far two are positive, and I've got one more to wait on. A few seconds later my alarm went off. I checked it seeing two pink lines. Another positive. I rubbed my face as I waited for him to come back. Pregnant. I'd definitely have to stay calm. He came in looking directly at me. I handed him the three tests. As much as I want to be a parent with him I'm terrified.

He wrapped me tightly in his arms. I had to let some tears fall. "Shh. I've got you baby. Nothing's going to go wrong." He said. "I'm terrified too. As much as I want to be a father and dad, I'm terrified." I kept my head buried. Tonight's the last night of Houston. Open rodeos from here to October. "Come on. Let's get ready for tonight." He said walking backwards. I nodded against his chest. He slowly released me. Then handed me a pair of jeans. I changed into them and a tank top before one of my many button down shirts.

It was going to be super odd that I've got a human growing inside of me, one that is going to be dependent on my husband and I for love, attention, food, clothes, and who knows what else. I looked in the mirror at myself. "Michelle." I looked back as RJ came to stand right behind me. "You know you're going to look absolutely beautiful?" He asked. I sighed leaning back against him. "When was your last period?" He asked. "End of December right before we went on our honeymoon." I said.

"So you could be at least eight weeks along and just now getting the first symptoms." He said. I nodded. End of January would have been four weeks because I didn't have a period then, and now that it's into early March, it could be eight to nine weeks. "Only had morning sickness once last week." He said. "Could have been because it wasn't early into it. I honestly don't know how bad morning sickness was for my mom though." I said.

He kissed my cheek before spinning me around. "We know for sure that there is a baby. And that we're already two months in. Seven more months for us to plan, save, and get ready for the arrival of our first baby. Once we know the gender of the baby, we'll be able to buy clothes and anything else we need. Right now your health is the most important. All we need to do tonight is do our best and see how big of a paycheck we get." He said.

I nodded. He kissed me before leading me out. We both saddled our horses before the entrance. As soon as it was time for me to breakaway rope, I was calmer. I called for it snagging the whole head in little to no time. As soon as I was out I saw my time and score. I set the bar higher tonight than any other night. I went to the stalls and got my barrel horse. I quickly switched horses before going back as steer wrestling was going on.

"Do good out there baby." RJ said standing outside of the stock panels of the runway. "I will. You be safe. I'll be rooting for my cowboy." I told him. He kissed me before stepping off of the bottom rail. "Number sixteen up next." A man yelled. "Watch going round them barrels." RJ told me before I lined Dexter up. I let him run keeping myself in line with it. I was about to come around the last barrel when a bull jumped clear out of the chute.

Even though I was the last one I went around the barrel and kept my horse away from the bull. I was lucky they had the door opened up so I could slow Dexter down and turn him in a tight circle as soon as we were outside. I had to walk him a few feet before coming back. Once he was calm I patted his sweaty neck telling him good job. We then went back inside where I dismounted and led him to a water trough. An official stood right next to it. After a few light gulps I made Dex hold his head up to let that water settle for a second.

"Barrel racers clear the area." The man calling back numbers yelled. I led Dex out over to where the bull riders were getting ready. I went around the long way to the stalls to make sure my boy was calm. By the time we got there I was hearing bull rider's names being called. 'Have a safe ride. I'm rooting for ya.' I sent RJ. Not even a second later he sent, 'Great ride. Hope you won first with how fast Dex was going even with the bull. Hope you both are ok.' 'We are. Shaken but not injured.' I sent him. 'Good.' Was the last text I got before a few seconds later his name was called.

I had my horse untacked by the time I heard the buzzer. I knew he had gone the full eight. I chuckled to myself as I locked the girth onto the stock pen railing. I then took Dexter's bridle to the tack trunk locking it up. As I finished and turned around he picked me up spinning me around. We kissed before having to go to see who won which events. I got both breakaway and barrel racing for the quickest time on both. Two checks in one event. RJ got second in bulls and we both got third in team roping.

Bringing the money in for the future we're going to have very shortly.