Chapter:10

I watched as the farrier finished up with Drags before going to Dexter. Dexter held still for the farrier. Especially when he knows he's getting a hoof trim. Drags was still pawing the ground as if saying you know I don't like that and yet you still do that. Once both had their hooves trimmed and filed plus shoed, I paid him before he left. I walked both horses before putting their hackamores on along with their saddles.

R.J. held Drags while I mounted up onto Dexter. He then mounted Drags leaving the stirrups at my length. "What material is this?" He asked gesturing to the reins. "Paracord. They love it." I told him. He scoffed before following behind. "I'm guessing Dallas is competing?" I asked. "Yeah. He is. Don't like that he is though." He said. "Why?" I asked. He pulled Drags to a stop next to Dexter.

"Because he's a sore loser and a bragger. He whines and complains bout the littlest of things and brags when he beats someone better than him." He whispered. My mouth formed an O. "Yeah. Bella and I are the only ones that realize that the twins get what they want when they want it. Alaina is daddy's little princess and Dallas gets what he wants when he wants it." He whispered once more.

"Sounds like they're going to have a rough time in the real world." I said. "Alaina already is pregnant by her boyfriend and mom and dad don't honestly know what to do except tell them they better settle down and raise the kid themselves." He said. "But if you remember, your dad was quick to take care of your mom once he found out she was pregnant with you." I said. "He married her before I was born. This is different. She is bout to pop and he still has no ring on her finger, nor asked my dad to marry her." He told me.

"Gotcha." I said as we started for the ring again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up to R.J. holding me against him. Last night Alaina and her boyfriend came to the rodeo. R.J. I could tell he didn't want any part of him and stayed away from them as much as possible. He pulled me closer to him and kissed the top of my head. "What am I doing wrong?" He asked. "Showing you don't approve of the guy your sister is with." I said. "Not that. With my life. I don't know what to do with my life anymore." He said.

"You've got everything going for you. A real talent at what you do." I said. He pulled me onto him. I sat up. "So do you baby girl." He muttered. Oh yeah. Over the weekend he asked me to be his girlfriend. He's definitely my boyfriend. "I know, but your making twice if not more money as what I'm making or any of those bull riders out there." I told him.

"I know baby. I love being with the PBR and all. I just don't want to be without you." He said. I chuckled. He sat up and looked at me in the eye. "I don't want you to be out there while that guy is on the loose without me." He said. "I know. Security has been heightened at the rodeos due to him and the police are looking for him too. I know several of the guys on the same tour as me and they are willing to park around me and make sure he's either dead or unconscious and unrecognizable." I told him.

"I know. And we have the rest of the summer to be together." He said. "No getting me pregnant." I told him. "Not until your ready for children. That will be after your married. Preferably to me, with my last name cutie." He said. I giggled. He kissed me, once, twice, multiple times before the door opened. "Better not be making babies." J.B. told us. "We're not dad. Not until after she's completely mine." R.J. told him.

"Bad enough I've already got one grandchild going to be here any day. Don't need a second." He said. "Yes sir. We won't do anything like that until the honeymoon." R.J. told him.