Chapter:5

The pass for RJ sat on my counter as I waited for him to arrive. It's a stable and back pass to the trailer and the fair. He said he'd text me when he's here so I could take the pass to him. I finished getting dressed for the warm weather and went to take care of my horses while waiting and holding the pass in my back pocket. I cleaned their stalls and put fresh chips down before giving them fresh water and clipping leads onto their halters.

I walked them up and down the isle before hearing my phone ring. I took both leads in one hand before answering. "Hey I'm out in the parking lot." He said. "Kay. I'll be there as soon as I put my horses up." I told him. I put them in their stalls before going to meet him. He met me a few yards before the entrance. I gave him his pass for the week. "I wouldn't lose it of you go anywhere on the grounds. Rodeo included." I told him. He nodded before following me in.

I led the way back to my trailer. I unlocked the door and went in with him behind me. "Nice little spot." He said. "Well it's usually just me. There's a shower and toilet in the bathroom. A sink next to the door with a counter and cabinets for a small kitchen and table." I said. "And a small couch and tv too." He said. I nodded. He set his bag down and came up to me. "Something's bugging ya." He said when he was close enough for me to feel his warmth.

"Nothing is." I told him. "Come here." He said reaching an arm out. I stepped forward letting him pull me to him. He held me as close as he could. I finally had to just break. The way he was holding me. The way his warmth surrounded me. I let the tears roll down my face as he just held me. He rubbed my back before I broke into sobs. "Who's been tormenting you?" He asked. "No one important." I answered.

"He is important if he's worth the tears." He said. I looked up at him. How would he know it was a guy? "Your cousin told me bout that guy that's been coming round your place." He said. Oh. "He." I lowered my head. "What did he do for you to be shedding tears?" He asked lifting my head up to his. "What did he do to make you cry over what he did?" He asked. I wanted to lower my head.

I burst into tears as he caught my eyes. He pulled me even closer kissing my temple and forehead. He let me cry until he picked me up and sat down on the couch. He lifted my head up a bit before starting to kiss all over my face. He didn't stop until I had stopped crying. "He's not worth the tears if he can't stop them." He said wiping the ones threatening to fall away.

He let me lay my head on his shoulder. He kissed my forehead as he held me against him. I fell asleep until my alarm went off. "Do you need to get ready?" He asked. "Yeah." I said. "I'll let you get dressed." He said as he stood up setting me on my feet. I let him stay up on my bed while I got my clothes on. When I was done I let him know before putting some lip sense on along with mascara and my boots.

I pulled my hair back up out of my face before grabbing my breakaway rope and went out. I picked up my roping saddle and started carrying it. I asked him to get my barrel saddle so I could have Dexter ready. I set my roping saddle over the stall door and unlocked it. "You can stick it on the stall door for now." I said. "Anything that needs to be done?" He asked. "Dexter needs to be brushed." I answered.

He picked up a brush and brushed that horse while I did this one. I put the roping saddle on Drags before his bridle. I then went over to Dexter and put the saddle and bridle on him. I switched back and forth between horses with wraps. RJ brushed their tails out along with their manes. I cleaned their hooves just before I had to go warm up. "You can ride Drags until I need him for roping." I told him. He nodded getting my roping horse out. I got Dexter out checking his legs before leading him out.

I then led them to the ring. I mounted riding around. I warmed him up as the other riders did too. RJ joined with Drags riding near me. Then we had to clear the ring for the opening. Each state was called into the ring. I was pretty much the only Montanan there. So I had the flag. A bull rider from the state was here on probably a buddy's horse. After all of the states have been called out we exited the ring in opposite order.

Time to get this done for the night.