Chapter:17

Rodeo Houston, February twenty fifth. RJ and I got to the rodeo two days beforehand to get everything settled for the three weeks here. I went to get five stalls in a row no avail I then decided on five stock pens and wood chips. I then went back with locks and keys. "Got them." I said as I approached. "How many stalls?" He asked. "Well. They had no more stalls, so, we have five stock pens." I said. "That will have to do unless we double the horses up." He said.

"We'd have to clean the bedding more times in the day." I said. Less time for the fair and stock show. "I guess that'll work." He said. "Let's get them over there and settled." I nodded as he put a saddle on one of his horses. I got the saddles on my horses fixing the girths on both. I then mounted up. "I'll meet you over there with the truck. I'm going to put the hitch lock on the trailer." RJ said. I nodded before leading three horses and riding one.

Once at the stock pens we rented, I dismounted putting each in one. RJ came in with the tack trunk. He set it in the empty stall while I put the chips down with each horse moving around me. We both worked around each other getting four horses bedded. "Think they're good to go baby." RJ said. "I do too babe." I said. We put mine on the outside of his, his horses being on opposite sides of the tack. I showed him how to put locks on the saddles so they can't get stolen nor the horses.

Officials will be walking up and down the walkways and isles making sure everything is in place. I then went to the tack box getting out the clippers. "What's that for?" He asked. "Putting our back numbers on our horses. It's an easy way to identify who's horse is who's. It's a rule they made now so no horse is stolen." I said shaving my back number into the flank of my barrel horse. Then my roping horse. I showed him how to put the numbers into the flanks.

Once all four were done we took them two at a time to be bathed. After all four were bathed and dried he cleaned hooves while I did manes and tails. I under braided Dexter's mane and tail to decrease one, hair in my face and two, how tangled his tail gets as we're running. I then went to Drags under braiding his tail. "How are you doing that without being kicked?" RJ asked. He wasn't near the stalls while I was under braiding their tails at Nationals.

"I stand directly behind them with a leg or elbow touching either back leg so they know I'm here. Most times they're turned so they can see what I'm doing." I said as I finished. I scratched Drags' flank as I went to the gate. "Only my wife can get that close to her horses' butts." He said lifting me up over the short gate. "And even closer to my husband's." I said. He held me against him. "So tempted to take you back to the trailer." He said.

"Dare you." I said. He heaved me up over his shoulder. "If we were talking bout having children now, when do you think it would be due?" He asked. "November at least a week before NFR." I said. "Good enough for me." He said as we got out. He carried me to the trailer. As soon as the door was closed and locked he had his lips on mine. His shirt was off, then mine. "Same as the honeymoon? Or more?" He asked. "I don't care." I told him.

He easily got me undressed. He was undressed in no time. "Which position?" He asked. "Whichever way is easiest." I said. He wrapped my legs around his waist. I felt him brush against me. "Now?" He asked. I nodded. After multiple times without, I'm surprised I'm not having any symptoms if I already am. He hit the right spot making me want to stop and run to the bathroom to puke. My hair was pulled away from my face.

"Is it possible that there's already a baby on the way?" He asked. I stood up wiping my mouth. He pulled me close to his body. "It could be possible." I said.