Chapter:19

We stopped at yet one more bank. Sixteen weeks pregnant and heading to a prenatal appointment. Almost to twenty weeks when we can first find out what the gender of our baby is. We got to the clinic where the appointment was scheduled. I spotted another rodeo mom going in. RJ opened the door for us both. I checked in after her then we both sat talking. "I wouldn't worry which hospital if it's in October. Chances are you'll be home before the baby arrives." She said.

"How long do you think I could go for riding?" I asked her. "Depends on how uncomfortable you get with the saddle. It can be risky though if you go farther than four months. Your horses would have to be smooth rides too." She said. I nodded. "You could probably ride up to going into labor if you're comfortable enough with it." She said. RJ's hand squeezed mine. I squeezed it back. "But I wouldn't worry bout that. Most of the rodeos are over at the end of September." She added.

"Then the first Nationals rodeo is in October." I said. "Yup. That's one of the qualifiers. The next one is in Odessa." She said. I chuckled nervously. "Oh boy. I hope nothing like what happened in Houston happens." I said still chuckling. "Your the one the bull got out on!" She exclaimed. I nodded. "Yeah. That could have ended terribly." I said. She was called back. "We have to meet up and talk sometime which rodeo are you going to next?" She asked.

"Okeechobe, Florida." I said just before she went in. I turned to RJ. He had a worried look on his face. "Babe. I know she has two kids. I bet her husband took the kids to a park nearby to get some energy out. Both are younger than five. She's going to homeschool them. We're going to stop when our oldest reaches the age that he or she can start kindergarten or at least preschool then." I said. "So talking to her bout when you should stop is a good idea?" He asked.

"I can go up to any rodeo mom and ask her the exact same question. When do I have to stop riding? And I bet they'll say the same thing and even tell me the risks of it." I said. "I don't feel comfortable doing that though." He said. "What me riding until I'm in labor?" I asked. "I won't. Especially when I know it could hurt the baby. At least past Calgary then I'll go every other rodeo watching you ride for the most part of it." I said.

He still looked upset. "Babe. Could we talk more about this after the appointment?" I asked. He nodded. I was called back. I squeezed his hand as we were led to the scale. I had to let go as my weight was checked. I've kept a weekly log of my weight since finding out. "What was your weight at the last check up?" The nurse asked. Out of the corner of my eye I saw RJ pull his phone out. "One hundred and thirty pounds." He said.

"One thirty two today." She said. "Not bad considering it's been one week." RJ said. I nodded. The nurse then led me to the examination room. I sat on the edge of the table as she checked my lungs and heart. I was laid back for the baby's heartbeat. RJ clasped his hand back into mine. Then the doctor came in. She came over and went to looking. "What kind of scan were you wanting?" She asked. "3D." RJ said before I could.

Then a few seconds later a 3D scan of our baby appeared on the screen. I squeezed his hand tightly. "Oh. Looks like baby is showing the gender! There's not much there, but just enough to tell what it is." I looked up at RJ. I could tell he was wanting to know. Four months. Let's see now and check later too. "Would you two like to know what it is?" She asked. I nodded. "Yeah." I said. "It appears to be a little boy."

I looked at RJ. The look on his face was priceless and adoring.