Chapter:16

As said and promised, the wedding is before Christmas. As soon as we got back, everything was ready for the wedding. I brought home a breakaway roping buckle and check. I decided to put that check back for checkups for when RJ and I decide to start having children. I jumped out of bed after a house was bought in Glenwood for us. First Sunday there we went to church. Usually we'd try to get up on Sunday mornings and try to go to church whichever town or city we're in.

RJ was out feeding our four horses and mucking out their stalls. I'll go out this evening and muck them again if I have to. It's not as cold as where I grew up. RJ definitely thinks it's freezing the more north you go. I sipped some hot coco watching as he came back up to the house. As soon as he got in he took his boots off and coat. "How can you stand this weather?" He asked. "I grew up in Montana near the Canadian border. That was colder than this. You would have thought I was crazy if I walked out there in just a long sleeve and jeans." I said.

"And how bad does it snow?" He asked. "Blizzard usually. Now that I'm rodeoing, I usually head south mid January to my grandparents to help them out, because it's on the way to Houston." I said. "Sounds reasonable." He said. "I honestly would have liked to be farther south though." I said. "Well, this is a two bedroom. If we need a bigger place we'll look farther south." He said. "It would probably be quicker to get to certain rodeos, stop by the house while going through, and maybe even stay a night or two between one." I said.

He nodded. "Definitely farther south." He said. We went over everything before both of our parents arrived. They both had some type of food. Neither knew that I had cooked. My grandpa even came with my parents. Hopefully that will drown tension. I pulled the warm food out of the oven both his mom and mine with looks of shock. Maybe one meal one night and the other the next. Except tonight I cooked and if they don't like it, tough luck.

"Why did you cook?" My mom asked. "Because I was cooking for myself and my fiancé with hopes of leftovers for tomorrow or even to freeze for sometime later." I said. His mom just shrugged. "I told you I was bringing food!" Mom said. "You did not tell me you were. And I did not know when you, dad and grandpa were going to be here." I said.

Dad came into the kitchen. He took the dish from my mom before taking her back into the living room. "As long as there is no pregnancy right now I'm fine." Dad said as he exited. "Nothing to worry about." I muttered. I pulled out some plates as RJ came into the kitchen. He got some forks out setting them next to the plates. JB came in before grandpa. "She still needs to learn to let her only baby go and that she learned how to cook from her grandmother and dad." He said.

As soon as they came back into the kitchen, a prayer was said over the meal before we fixed plates and sat around the table. Right in the middle of the meal, my mom had to speak her mind again. "So I'm guessing there's already a baby on the way." RJ squeezed my thigh as if saying don't say anything. He was the one to speak. "No. There's not. Never even had sex. Won't even think about it until after the reception." He said.

She must have thought he was lying because the next thing she said sounded offending. "Well none of us would be here if there wasn't." She said. "Watch your mouth. I'm not too old, and your not too old for me to whoop your butt with my belt." Grandpa told her. "You had her while you were engaged to her dad. She is the second of my grandchildren with my last name. Your sister had her cousin when she wasn't even with a guy. So you have no room to talk if there is a pregnancy."

I finished eating. When I stood up RJ held his plate out. I took it to the sink to wash it. I then filled up two tea glasses taking them back and setting one in front of him. This is going to be a while.