Chapter:12

I finished pulling the shirt down before tucking it in and fastening my belt. He was still trying to find his shirt for the night. I stepped out deciding to give R.J. some time to get dressed. In other words, stall his dad. I closed the door behind me. "Is he coming?" J.B. asked. "Yeah. He'll be out in a second." I said. "Alaina called saying she wanted to speak to her big brother." He said just before RJ came out. "When will she be here?" I asked. "Not too long." He said as a truck pulled into a parking spot.

We watched as feet moved from the front door to the backdoor of the driver's side. Then Alaina came walking over. A pink blanket wrapped around the little bundle. One month ago she had given birth to the baby. Five weeks late at least. RJ wanted to go to be there for his sister, then after her boyfriend didn't show up. She completely broke down after the little girl had been taken to be cleaned.

RJ and Dallas both were fuming and ready to punch the guy until he was either dead or unrecognizable and unconscious. I luckily had ahold of RJ when he came in the next day right before Alaina and the baby were about to leave. He got upset with the doctor, nurse, and family for not waiting. Babies don't wait for anyone when the mother goes into labor. That's exactly what the doctor had told him before RJ got out of my hold and stood beside his brother blocking the way so he couldn't get by.

Now of course he loves his niece and despises the boy that had ran out on them. "RJ. May I take to you?" She asked as she approached. J.B. offered to take the child so they could. RJ nodded before following her. They walked back over to her vehicle. The little girl slept soundly in J.B.'s arms. Her boyfriend was the only thing bad I heard at finals last year from RJ. Of course then they didn't know she was pregnant and was hiding it from them.

When they came back RJ pulled me flush to his side. We walked into the BOK center and went back to the locker room. RJ put his gear bag under a number then went back out. "Hungry?" He asked us. "Oh. There's a rodeo an hour from here. I've got to hit the road before I'm late." I told him. "Lunch first?" He asked. "I've got to get it to go then." I said. He sighed before nodding. "I'll see you Monday then?" He asked. "Yeah. Maybe Sunday night." I said.

He stopped, pulled me to him and pressed his lips to mine. I wrapped my arms around his neck standing up on my tip toes. When we finally broke away he looked directly into my eyes. "I'm going to miss you cutie." He said. "I'm going to miss you too." I told him. The kissed my forehead before taking my hand leading the way out. "Go win some buckles and cash for me." He said at my truck. His hand slid into my back pocket before he kissed me once more.

"Drive safe." He said. "Ride safe." I told him getting in. He closed the door before stepping out of the way. I got to the stop sign reaching into the back pocket. "Have fun this weekend cutie. I'll be riding for you so we may have a great future. I'll see you when you get back to take me to the next event. Here's ten dollars for lunch on me. I miss you already." -RJ.

I smiled slightly before pulling out onto the road. Once at my destination I checked in before unloading the horses and getting them settled in. Several catcalls and whistles rang out from around me. I looked around before finishing up with my horses. I then went in and stretched before getting dressed. It was three hours until we had to be ready for it. I pulled out my paracord stuff getting the tape measure and notepad along with a pen.

I measured his horses for the halters and sat down to do it. I did them in singular colors I had, his favorite colors. When I was done I tried them on the horses. They fit nicely. I saddled my horses up ready for tonight. It was a slow night, I was bored, there was no one really that I could talk to except for the cowboys behind the chutes. That's where I was heading. About five of them were all huddled around the far end chute. "Evening Michelle, boyfriend go back to the PBR?" One asked. "Yeah. Every weekend until the first week in November." I said.

"Had to go back to the prissiness?" Another asked. "Well he does make more than you on one bull." I said. The guy scoffed. "Just because the guy is a Mauney doesn't mean he's not prone to injury while riding." One more said. "I don't know if he's going to be on the tour with them next year since my ex is still at large." I said. "Mean that guy right there?" I looked back seeing him. "Mind if I stay here?" I asked. They shook their heads like no, not at all.

I looked back seeing him walking closer. I maneuvered my horse to the spot where he couldn't really get me without anyone noticing. One of the guys got into the chute and got ready quickly. I moved away from the arena railing to be safe. As soon as he was bucked off he was over and standing next to me. My ex didn't stop until he was right beside the stands. After the rest of them went I started my horse towards the trailer.

They followed behind. I could see through the crowd that he was following behind. I lost sight of him and began panicking. When I got to my trailer I could see him in the shadow of it. I dismounted and unsaddled Drags before brushing him down. "Nice to see your fed and taken care of. He just can't give you certain things I can." He said as I finished with my horse. "He may not be able to right now, but I can guarantee in the future that he can and most likely will give me more than I need." I told him.

"But there's that one thing he can't." He said. I felt air on my neck. "He can't bend you to fit with him." He whispered. "Get away from her." A masculine voice yelled. I took the opportunity to kick him making him hurt before running into the trailer. If I have to be with RJ for a while I will. I locked the door behind me sliding down the door. I felt the complete urge to cut and let the pain seep out. Instead I grabbed my phone and called him.

He answered. I asked him if he was busy. He said he wasn't. I told him about the evening, how I did, where I went after I rode, everything leading up to seeing my ex. "Cutie. What's wrong? Please don't lie." He said. I knew he could hear the tone in my voice. "I ran into him. He came up to me. The guys that had went back with me made sure I got to the trailer. He was hiding. He said a few things before a guy spotted him giving me time to stop him from following me into the trailer..."

"Baby. Listen. Is the door locked?" He asked. "Yeah." I answered. "The windows too?" "Yeah." I answered. "He can't get to you. Get a shower. If you want me to, I'll stay on and talk to you. What do you feel like doing right now?" He asked. "Getting something sharp." I admitted. "No. You don't need to. If I have to I will drive there and make sure you don't do that. Once your done with your shower go to bed and sleep in the shirt I left for you. Ok?" "Ok."