You Owe Me

It was a sunny afternoon, and Eddie and Richie went biking through Derry. Richie swept through the streets, his Hawaiian print shirt billowing in the back of him. Eddie trailed close behind, struggling to keep up with his asthma and to pedal faster with his shorter legs.

Stopping to take a breath, Eddie looked around and suddenly at pointed towards the ice cream parlor. "Ooo, Richie I want to get ice cream!" Eddie yelled. 

Richie stopped his bike to look back at him. He rolled his eyes, but smiled at his best friend. "Fine..." Richie sighed. Eddie never gave up an opportunity to get ice cream, and Richie loved seeing him happy.

Walking their bikes over to the parlor, the two entered the baby pink-and-blue checkered retro parlor. They both ordered their usual - Eddie choosing vanilla with sprinkles and Richie choosing mint chocolate chip. Eddie paid for both of them with the last of his allowance, pulling out a $5 bill. They both grabbed their cones and exited the shop, sitting on a bench together right outside.

"You owe me," Eddie joked. Sure Eddie had paid for Richie too, but that was fine since Richie always shared what he had with him. He didn't expect anything in return - he simply adored the happiness it brought Richie.

"Fine, I'll buy next time," Richie replied. 

"I'm kidding Richie! I wanted to buy it for you," Eddie explained. 

Richie smiled. "Well then, thanks Eds."

He laughed and leaned towards Eddie's ice cream with his tongue out. "No! Richie! I'm not letting you get your germs and saliva on my ice cream! My mouth has been on this!" Eddie squeaked, pulling it further from Richie. 

"God, relax Eds, I'm just messing with you!" Richie laughed.

Richie realized his hand was resting on Eddie's thigh and his face was only inches away from his. Flustered, he pulled back, both boys blushing. 

Moments later, Richie pointed out a sprinkle on Eddie's cheek. "You have a little something there, Eds," Richie giggled. 

"What, where?" Eddie asked, patting around his face. 

"Here," Richie brushed the sprinkle off of his soft cheek with his finger.

He looks so adorable when he blushes.

Taking a risk, Richie took advantage of the moment to kiss his cheek. Eddie turned towards him and grinned. Taking another risk, Richie leaned closer and kissed Eddie's lips. He kissed back, the vanilla and mint flavor combination making the kiss even sweeter.

Seconds later, they pulled away smiling. "Okay, so maybe you don't owe me anymore," Eddie joked. Richie put his arm around Eddie as he leaned his head onto his shoulder.

"So I guess you don't mind my saliva now, do you?" Richie smirked. 

"Shut up, Tozier!" Eddie laughed, slapping Richie's leg before they both went back to finishing their ice cream.