Lollipop

"I think I found some candy for ya, Eds! Lollipops, your favorite!" Richie called from his kitchen as he searched through his candy stash. Eddie always liked to splurge on sweets when he was away from home as his mother never allowed him to do so, constantly worried about his health. 

"Okay, but remember, my mom said I can't have too many artificial flavors or preservatives or corn syrup-" 

"Fuck that Eds, she's not here! Calm down." Richie assured as he walked over. 

"Fine. What flavor?" 

"Your mom." Richie snickered, stuffing the blue lollipop into Eddie's mouth.

Eddie happily accepted it and began to lick it as they walked out of the house and onto Richie's front porch. Though it was silly, Richie felt slightly jealous at the fact that the lollipop got to experience Eddie's perfect lips firsthand and tried his hardest not to stare at the boy.

"Ever wonder how many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop?" Eddie thought aloud, taking it out of his mouth with a pop to speak. "Nevermind, you probably can't even count that high, Trashmouth."

"Let me try it," Richie said, promptly snatching the lollipop from Eddie's hand and tasting it. 

"EW RICHIE! That's the most disgusting thing I've ever seen. I just... you just... you know what, just keep it!" Eddie shrieked in disgust while Richie chuckled at his outburst.

"Drooling over me, Eds?" Richie teased, noticing the saliva that had dripped onto his lip. 

"What? No!" Eddie denied. 

"Here." Richie wiped away the saliva off of Eddie's lip with his thumb, his hand resting on his jaw for a few more moments than would have been considered only friendly. Their eyes met, causing Eddie's face to heat up and his heart to race. He could've sworn he felt Richie leaning in when- 

Beep beep.

Eddie's watch beeped, alerting him that it was time to take his pills, which were at home. Eddie pulled back to look down at the time. 3:30

"Sorry Rich, I have to go home." Eddie looked disappointed as he rose from the step. 

"Not looking like that you're not." Richie smirked and pointed at his mouth, knowing Eddie's mother would freak seeing his obviously candy-stained blue lips.

"Holy shit, holy shit, what am I gonna do?! The blue is a dead giveaway, she's gonna have a freaking aneurysm, Richie!" Eddie panicked, attempting to rub the color off his lips. 

"Okay, okay, wait." Richie walked over and stuck two fingers in his mouth. 

"God, Richie, I swear that is so unsanitary-"

Eddie was cut off by Richie's wet fingers rubbing his lips. Despite how unsanitary it was, Eddie sort of enjoyed the sensation and the look of focus on the taller boy's face. A few moments later, Richie pulled away to examine his work. 

"How is it?" Eddie asked. 

"Could be better." Richie admitted, seeing that stains of blue still remained.

Richie decided to take a risk and stepped closer to Eddie, lifting his chin and bringing it close it his. "Is this okay?" Richie asked. 

"Y-yes," Eddie breathed, not sure of what Richie was planning. All of a sudden, he felt Richie's tongue glide along his lower lip as their eyes fluttered closed.

Eddie subconsciously parted his lips, allowing Richie's tongue to enter his mouth and graze along his own. Eddie had no idea what he was doing, but he liked it. Richie connected their lips as their tongues danced together before pulling back then continuing to lick and gently kiss Eddie's soft and blue-raspberry flavored lips. Richie took one last tug at Eddie's upper lip before pulling away and opening his eyes. 

"I-it's better now, Eds."

"O-oh yeah, thanks Rich." Eddie replied quietly, touching his lips in awe. They stood there for a moment awkwardly, Eddie not knowing for sure if Richie meant what he'd done in an affectionate way. Friends wouldn't do that, would they?

"I had pink lollipops by the way, I just wanted to give you something bright so you'd get in trouble." Richie confessed. 

"What? Why the hell didn't you give me one of those? We could've avoided this whole thing if you just-" 

"Because Eds, then I wouldn't have been able to do what I'd always wanted to." Richie cupped Eddie's face and connected their lips meaningfully as Eddie put his hands behind Richie's neck.

"What was that for?" Eddie giggled once they pulled back. 

"Affection." Richie responded simply. Eddie blinked. 

"Do it again." And so Richie kissed the beautiful boy once again.

Eddie's watch beeped again as a reminder for him to be on his way

Eddie's watch beeped again as a reminder for him to be on his way. 3:35, Eddie read. 

"See ya, lover boy." Eddie smiled, pecking Richie's cheek and grabbing the lollipop from his hand, stuffing it into Richie's mouth as he walked away. And Richie stood there smiling like an idiot, finally happy to get a taste of the breathtaking boy that was Eddie Kaspbrak.

A/N: happy holidays and woohoo finn's bday was yesterday :) sorry for slower updates, it's been harder to come up with good ideas and i'm also figuring out a plot for the reddie book that i'll be starting soon