Coming Out - Sorry Pt. 2

There Eddie was, being lifted and spun around by Richie, his boyfriend. Eddie would have never believed it had it been last year. He was being kissed by the one and only Trashmouth. The boy who was the closest to him out of the Losers and had constantly poked fun at him. It sounded crazy, but in that moment, everything was perfect.

Beep beep.

Eddie pulled away from Richie's embrace to check his watch. It was already 3:45 PM. 

"Shit! We were supposed to meet the Losers at the quarry fifteen minutes ago!" Eddie exclaimed.

 "Fuck, let's go!" Richie grabbed Eddie's hand and they both ran off together.

Five minutes later, the two arrived at the scene out of breath. The Losers were already seated in a circle on the rocks. 

"Damn, where have you guys been?" Stan asked. 

"Yeah, it felt like forever. It's not the same without the whole group." added Mike.

Eddie and Richie remained silent, taking their seats next to each other. There was an awkward silence, everyone expecting Richie to break the tension with a joke or funny story that never came.

"Are you guys okay?" Beverly asked, noticing the fact that neither wanted to make eye contact with anyone. Eddie tapped his foot nervously while Richie fiddled with his glasses.

"Y-yeah," Richie blurted. He bit his lip. Where had his confidence gone? He felt like he was turning into stuttering Bill. 

"Trashmouth at a loss for words? Never seen that before," Ben remarked, raising an eyebrow. Richie and Eddie looked at each other, both knowing what the other was thinking.

Should we tell the group we're dating? Does that make us gay now? Will they even want to hang out with us anymore?

"Ser-seriously, g-guys. You can t-tell us," Bill said softly. Eddie wiped the pained expression off his face and took a deep breath. "There's something you guys should know." 

Sensing all the tension around him, Eddie felt as if he was at a loss for air. Quickly noticing, Richie helped Eddie get out his inhaler and triggered it at his lips. Eddie instantly relaxed.

Richie put the inhaler back into Eddie's fanny pack and took a hold his hand. If anyone was gonna tell them, it had to be him. 

"Me and Eddie are.. well we're.. dating now." Richie swallowed. Both boys lifted their head up to see their friends' reactions.

There was a moment of initial shock from the Losers, then realization. The two were always pretty close and they could see the happiness on their faces whenever they saw each other. They all looked at each other before they began grinning madly. If Richie truly cared for and deserved someone, it would be Eddie.

Beverly was first to react, clapping her hands and standing up. The rest joined her in a standing ovation. "Woo!" yelled Stan, as he, Bill, Mike, and Ben strutted over to give them pats on the back, hugs, and high fives. 

Beverly looked like she was tearing up. "I'm so happy for you guys!" She yelled, nearly strangling them with her hug.

She suddenly pulled away and raised an eyebrow. "So... does this mean you guys are gay?" 

"I... I am," said Eddie, finding comfort in the words he'd never said before. 

"I don't know yet, maybe bisexual. But all I know right now is that I love Eddie." Richie smiled and pulled the shorter boy closer by his waist. 

"I love you too, Rich," Eddie giggled as Richie kissed his cheek.

"Now are you losers ready to go for a swim or what?!" Richie piped up. Everyone laughed and expressed their agreement, running over to the cliff. 

Richie let the others run past as he trailed behind with Eddie. Neither saying a word, Richie lifted Eddie's chin and kissed his lips. They then ran to meet with the other Losers, hand in hand, both the happiest they'd ever been.