Bathroom

"You've got three minutes, Richard. And don't come back in a half hour with the excuse that you forgot your way to class again, we're well into the school year!" Mrs. Holden called as Richie towards the door after asking to go to the bathroom. 

"Yeah yeah, I'll be back." Richie lied, rolling his eyes. He exited the class door and ran his fingers across the wall of the hallway. 

Honestly, he didn't even need to go, he just wanted to get out of class. English was boring anyways and he decided he would just skip the rest of his first period class. He thought about stepping outside and smoking a cigarette with Beverly, but remembered his promise to Eddie. Richie would learn to control his habits for him, no matter how badly he itched to escape his stress.

Eddie.

Richie's mind wandered off to the short, beautiful boy. He hadn't seen him this morning, which caused him to worry a bit. It could just be that Eddie was sick and stayed home. Heck, even if he had the sniffles his mother would probably make him stay home and down some medication until he was better.

Richie pushed open the gray door to the boy's bathroom, trudging over to the mirror and fixing a piece of hair that lay on his forehead. Caught off guard, Richie nearly jumped out of his skin when he heard the sound of light sobs coming from inside the last stall. He hadn't realized he had company.

Richie stood awkwardly at the front of the bathroom, listening to the sobs grow louder then softer, as if they were trying to stop crying realizing themselves that someone else was in the bathroom.

Sure Richie could be obnoxious and an asshole, but he had a heart. He sighed and leaned his elbow and head against the door of the stall from which the cries came from. "Hey kid, uh, open up." Richie said hesitantly. 

"Please go away," a small voice replied. 

"Just let me help you... I'm, uh, Richie." 

Richie wasn't sure where he was going with this, but he knew he wanted to help. Though Richie didn't like showing his emotions, he felt that way inside sometimes too. Like crying in the corner, sobbing the day away. No one had been there to comfort him, but maybe he could be there for this boy.

Richie heard light footsteps on the other side of the door and the light click of the switch being unlocked. "R-Richie?" the shaky voice asked. The door opened to reveal a disheveled and emotionally drained brown-haired boy that Richie knew all too well. 

"Eds - oh my god," Richie choked out, immediately embracing the shorter boy as Eddie fell onto his chest sniffled into his shoulder. Richie felt as if he'd just been punched in the chest, his heart aching seeing Eddie like this.

Richie stumbled back into the stall with Eddie and sat against the wall with him, his arm wrapped around his waist as Eddie's head nestled into Richie's neck. Eddie continued to cry, Richie's heart breaking a bit more with every sob. He wasn't very familiar with comforting others, but he simply hugged him tighter, rubbing Eddie's back until his sobbing slowed. He helped pulled the trigger on Eddie's inhaler to steady his breathing. "It's okay, Eds, I'm here," Richie whispered. 

Eddie sniffled as he looked up at him. Richie gasped, tearing up seeing Eddie's red and tear-stricken face that was cut and bruised. "Eddie, baby, what happened?" Richie cried out all at once, gently grasping the sides of his head. 

"Th-this morning...B-Bowers..." Eddie managed before his eyes filled with tears again. 

"No, baby, please don't cry. Henry and his goons, God, I'm gonna kill those motherfuckers. No one is ever going to hurt you again. They'll have to get through me first." Richie shook his head and lightly dabbed the sleeves of his sweatshirt onto Eddie's face to dry his face, careful to avoid any cuts. Richie kissed his forehead, which caused Eddie to smile for the first time that day.

"Let's get you fixed up, okay?" Richie said softly as Eddie nodded. Richie carried him out of the stall and sat him down on the edge of the sink. Richie got to work wetting paper towels and cleaning off Eddie's face and cuts. Eddie winced slightly at some of the touches, causing Richie apologize repeatedly. Richie took some gauze and band-aids from Eddie's fanny pack to cover his gashes and cuts.

"There," Richie cooed as he wiped a last smudge of dirt from Eddie's face with his thumb. "All better." 

Eddie gave him a grateful and loving look. "Th-thanks, Rich, I don't know what I would do without you," he said, lowering Richie's hand from his face and holding it. "Also... I want you to know that they beat me up because they said I was a fucking queer. A disgusting fag. But, Richie, they weren't wrong." Eddie looked down in shame.

Richie's eyes widened as he took in what Eddie had told him. "Eds, listen to me. I would never hate you for liking boys, I do too. You're not disgusting. You're not worthless. You're none of those things. You're Eddie, and I love you."

"Really?" Eddie asked, looking up at him. 

"Yeah, and I can prove it." Richie stepped between Eddie's dangling legs and ran a hand through Eddie's hair, the other on his thigh. He leaned closer before they met in a kiss. A loving, soft kiss. Eddie put his hands on the sides of Richie's face as butterflies flew through his stomach.

They finally pulled apart, blushing. "I love you too, Richie." Eddie smiled.

A/N: I have an obsession with finn (and jack and sophia) lol the whole IT cast is honestly awesome