Shopping

The losers had gone to the department store, shopping together for some new clothes for school coming up - their junior year of high school. Eddie feigned interest in the boy's section as Bill, Stan, Richie, Mike, and Ben looked through the racks and shelves. He was hoping for a pause or break where he could slip away and explore on his own.

Beverly stuck around with the boys for a few minutes before announcing she was heading to the girls section. Eddie watched as Beverly left, a conflicted look on his face as he contemplated if he should say he was going too. It was now or never.

At the last moment, Eddie opened his mouth. "Uh, I think I'll go with Bev, guys. I'm done anyways, my mom took me clothes shopping a few weeks ago." 

"Suit yourself," Mike said. The boys all waved him off, not thinking much of it. Except for Richie. He watched curiously as Eddie ran off, wondering as to why he wanted to go to the girls section. He didn't want to embarrass Eddie, though. Besides, it probably wasn't anything, he just wanted to help her.

Eddie sighed in relief once he was out of sight, catching up to the red-haired girl, then stopping to take a hit from his inhaler. "Bev, wait up!" 

Beverly turned around and smiled, wrapping an arm around his shoulders. "Hey, Eddie! What're you doing here?"

"I'm done, I already have clothes bought. I can help you pick out some stuff," Eddie offered, though he only really wanted to see the pretty clothes.

"Well what are we waiting for?" Beverly giggled, grabbing Eddie's hand and pulling him through the aisles.

Beverly first headed to look at the bras. "What do you think of this one?" she asked, holding a light blue one up to her chest.

"Huh? Oh, that's cute, yeah," Eddie replied after a few moments. He'd gotten distracted by all the different colors and styles of them, and found himself wondering what it was like to have boobs. Beverly was lucky, he supposed - bras sure were cute. He wasn't attracted to actual boobs, no, or girls in general. He just found their clothing attractive, to an extent that he found himself thinking about how they would feel on him, how they would look...

It was safe to say that Eddie had developed an affinity for girls clothing. He loved the soft and delicate fabrics and how they framed your figure. The pinks, the lace, the pleats, the bows... the adored all the little feminine details. He had always looked - though always from afar - as he shopped with his mother. He longed to reach out and touch, but Mrs. Kaspbrak would yank him back to go look at the "boys" section.

"Hey, Eddie..." Beverly tapped on his shoulder, making him face her. She had noticed he was distracted, and didn't want to hold him hostage when his mind was already far away.

"You don't need to help me. I mean, you can look around if you'd like," she suggested.

"Oh, I wasn't looking for me, I was just..." Eddie paused for a moment to come up with some kind of lie. 

"I-I was... looking at clothes... for my cousin. She's a girl," Eddie stammered.

"I thought you didn't have cousins?" Beverly raised an eyebrow.

"I don't, I mean I didn't, because she was, uh, just born," Eddie lied, cursing Beverly for knowing him so well.

"Then shouldn't you be looking at the baby clothes?"

"Oh, well, just looking ahead I guess?" Eddie cringed internally at his own words. God, who was he kidding?

"It's okay, y'know. If you like girl clothes," Beverly told him quietly.

"Really? You don't think I'm... weird?" Eddie asked.

"Of course not." Beverly smiled. "How about you go ahead and pick out some stuff you like and I'll get you to the fitting room, 'kay?"