Thinking

"you ask me what i'm thinking about

i tell you that i'm thinking about

whatever you're thinking about"

★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★

"Step right up, step right up, my good pal! Welcome to Tozier's good ole magic stand, where I can read yer mind!" Richie exclaimed confidently as he slid over in his swivel chair to face Eddie who sat on his bed.

Eddie shook his head, groaning. "Not again, Rich."

Just like his infamous Voices, Richie wasn't so great at magic either, but he had fun doing it. And frankly Eddie loved to seeing happy and couldn't protest.

"Still not convinced, my good sir? In fact, I know what yer thinkin right now!" Richie tapped Eddie's nose, making him scrunch his nose and flick his hand away (Eddie secretly loved the affection, though).

Eddie was sure this trick would be just as fake as Richie's card tricks (he was able to see the card tucked into his sleeve) or even the time when Richie tried to convince him that he could predict the future after predicting when Eddie's watch would beep for him to take his meds (it went of at the same time everyday, Eddie reminded him). 

"Whaddya say, Eds? You up for it?" Richie flashed him a cheesy smile that Eddie couldn't bring himself to say no to.

"Fine," Eddie agreed, acting more annoyed than he truly was. "Just don't call me that."

He was in fact pretty interested to see what would happen, what tricks he'd pull, how he'd grin ear to ear as he did it. Richie was unpredictable in the most exciting way, and Eddie had come to love that about him.

"Alright Eds! All you've gotta do is look straight into my eyes! I'll do the rest of the magic," Richie winked.

Eddie already didn't like where this was heading. He didn't think he could look into Richie's eyes for longer than ten seconds without blushing furiously.

"Now, after I recite these magic words-" Richie stopped to grab some cheap 'magic' book and read some words that sounded like complete gibberish "-I should be able to analyze exactly what you're thinking about from just yer eyes!"

Eddie couldn't help but smile at his best friend as he entertained him. Once Richie took his eyes off the book and looked at him, Eddie nearly gasped. He was undeniably pretty, his eyes a deep brown behind his glasses and freckles sprinkled under that you could only see if you came close enough. Eddie had noticed this before, of course, he sees Richie every day. But he realized he never really saw him. Fully there, present, still and observing.

Eddie knew from then on he was fucked.  Richie, Richard, Rich. His best friend, crush, favorite out of the losers club, the highlight of his day, his personal protector, and more - how could he not think about Richie Tozier for who-knows-how-long when he was looking straight at him with his stupid coke-bottle glasses and magnified eyes?

Eddie forced himself to think of all kinds of things avoid being caught thinking about him - that would be embarrassing (that is, if his trick was legitimate). Richie would definitely not be able to guess what he was thinking now.