The Concert

"You look beautiful," Richie said, standing behind Eddie with his hands on his shoulders as they gazed into the full body mirror behind Eddie's bedroom door. 

"Thanks, Richie," Eddie said, unable to hide his smile that Richie could clearly see through their reflection. 

Richie smiled back. Eddie was dressed in a suit, fancy from head to toe. Tonight was his choir concert, where he would have a solo. None of the Losers even knew he sang, so it was a shock when he told them he joined choir at school. Eddie wasn't sure if he should join initially, being the only boy. He was sure he would get bullied for it being "gay" since the other boys played sports, but he decided to try it anyways after a small push from his mother. And of course they all wanted to come see him perform, especially Richie.

He looked Eddie up and down once again, from his smoothed hair to his polished shoes. He looked fucking adorable. As for Richie, he decided he would take this opportunity to come support his best friend by dressing up for once, wearing a blazer with his dress shirt and pants.

"No prob, Eddie Spaghetti," Richie replied, ruffling up the shorter boy's hair. 

"Hey!" Eddie giggled, frantically smoothing it back down.

"But you're just missing oneee thing." Richie poked his Eddie's chest. 

"Shit, my tie!" Eddie exclaimed. He grabbed it off the edge of his bed and walked back to the mirror. He was obviously struggling to put it on, fiddling with the positioning.

"How the fuck do you put this on?" Eddie muttered. No one had ever shown him before. His dad had died when Eddie was young and would've never been able to teach him such things. He shoved the thought into the back of his mind though, only becoming more agitated.

"Here, I'll help." Richie took a hold of the blue tie and bent down slightly. His father had never shown him either, but that was just because he couldn't care less about his son. He'd only learned from watching Stan do it as he prepared for his Bar Mitzvah months ago.

Richie wrapped the tie around Eddie's collar, forming loops and pulling ends through. Eddie held his breath, silently freaking out at the fact that his crush was helping him get ready. After a few minutes of messing around with it, he finally finished the tie. 

"Good to go, Eds," Richie gave the tie one last tug.

"Uh, thanks," Eddie said, suddenly flustered at the fact that Richie's face was inches away from his, both boys looking up at each other

"Yeah..." Richie trailed off as he realized his hand was still gently pressed against Eddie's chest. He could've sworn he felt Eddie's heartbeat race faster.

Just then, Richie had a crazy idea. He let his hand stay on Eddie's chest while he lifted his other hand to the back of Eddie's neck as he let out a quiet gasp. Slowly Richie pulled him closer until their noses touched. Richie was about to lean in further when - 

"Edward, honey! It's time to head out!" Mrs. Kaspbrak called from downstairs. The boys pulled away from each other, blushing.

After Mrs. K drove them both to the school, it was time for Eddie to head up to the stage with the rest of the choir. "Good luck," Richie whispered, squeezing Eddie's hand as he smiled back before going to sit in the front row with the rest of the Losers.

The choir began singing minutes later, their voices serenading the audience. But Richie only had his eye on one singer on the risers, who happened to have brown hair, freckles, and an adorable smile.

Soon, it was time for Eddie's solo. The Losers Club gave heartwarming looks to each other and Eddie as he began. Beverly nudged Richie and giggled, noticing the way he was staring at him the whole show beside him. 

By the first note, Richie was already in a trance. From Eddie's pink lips emerged an incredible voice. He sounded exactly like what Richie believed an angel would. He couldn't believe Eddie had never told him - he had such talent. And Richie already thought Eddie couldn't get any more perfect than he already was.

Once Eddie finished, the audience clapped and the Losers stood to give a standing ovation.

 "Woo!" clapped Mike and Ben. 

"You go Eddie!" yelled Bill and Stan. 

"Yes Eddie!" beamed Beverly. 

"That's my Eddie bear!" shouted Mrs. Kaspbrak.

"Thank you," Eddie said into the mic before walking off to the steps, smiling at all the support was getting. Richie ran up to the stage steps and hugged him tightly. 

"Eddie, baby, you did so good," he whispered into his ear. Surprised from his choice of words, Eddie nearly melted in his embrace. 

"Th-thanks, Rich." Both boys pulled away and Eddie blushed wildly as Richie kissed his temple. Richie didn't care who was looking at all. They could think or say whatever they wanted. He was in love with Eddie and didn't give a flying fuck.

Richie led him back to the Losers who had saved him a seat in the audience. The boys were in wide eyed in shock and Beverly joyfully squealed as they sat down next to each other, still holding hands.

A/N: thanks so much for 500 reads!! i'm getting gayer and gayer with every chapter i write lmao. also i really wanna see IT again but it's going out of theaters in the next few days :(