Haircut

"Hi 'Chee!" Eddie beamed as he sprang to hug whom he'd nicknamed once entering the Tozier residence, his arms finding their way around the taller boy's neck.

"Hey, Spaghetti Man," Richie replied coolly, wrapping his arms around his waist.

Eddie hummed against his chest, his fingers running through his dark, unruly curls. "You need a haircut, Rich," Eddie giggled.

"Why Eds? You can't handle all this hotness?" Richie chucked and raised his brows.

"You're cute, but it's getting long," Eddie said, lifting his head from the crook of Richie's neck.

The glint in Richie's eyes made Eddie immediately aware he was going to make some kind of sexual joke. "Not longer than my-"

"Shut up, Richie," Eddie shook his head, his words however contradicting his behavior as he smiled adoringly up at him and pathetically jumped and rubbed against him, wanting for the taller boy to carry him.

"Come on," Richie said as he lifted Eddie's legs around his waist and placed a kiss to his head.

"Wait here," Richie told him as he lowered the boy onto a chair and left the room. He returned a minute later with a stool, newspaper, scissors, and a comb.

Eddie's eyes widened upon realizing what Richie was hinting at. "Wait wait wait. You want me to cut your hair?"

"Couldn't see anyone else doing it," Richie replied, spreading and setting the newspaper on the living room floor.

"W-what if I mess it up? What if I make you look bad? I really don't think I'm the one you should be asking."

"One, you worry far too much, Eds. And two, I, Richie Tozier, can never look bad," Richie winked.

"Can't you just wait to ask your parents?" Eddie asked, ignoring his cocky comment.

"Eddie, you know my parents are too caught up with their own shit to notice their son's hair's too long. It's either you or me, babe," Richie explained as he stood back up, reaching out to intertwine his hand with Eddie's smaller one.

"Come onnnn," Richie pleaded, taking a hold of his shoulder and shaking it back and forth.

Eddie sighed, cracking a smile and giving in. "Fine."

"Hold on," Eddie gestured for him to go sit at the stool as he exited the room. He returned with a full body mirror he'd taken from Richie's room and propped it up against the fireplace. Richie let out a giggle at how ridiculous he looked carrying the mirror, which was the size of Eddie himself.

"What's so funny? Is there something on me?" Eddie asked, immediately moving to the front of the mirror to examine himself and check if there was anything on him.

"No, no, there's nothing on you. You're just freaking adorable," Richie said, grabbing Eddie's sides to turn him around to face him.

"I'm not adorable," Eddie crossed his arms.

"Oh Eds, no matter how hard you try, you're always adorable," Richie replied, poking his chest and smiling up at him.

"Okay, okay. Now are you gonna let me cut your hair or what?" Eddie asked, pushing Richie's head back with one hand.

"Get in there, Kaspbrak," Richie chuckled, grabbing Eddie's other hand and pressing a kiss to it.

Richie watched in the mirror as Eddie walked to the back of him and attempt to comb out his hair.

"Jeez Rich, do you ever comb your hair?" Eddie asked as he struggled to pull the comb through.

"Whenever I feel like it, which isn't often," Richie laughed, exaggerating a bit just to piss him off.