Comics

"Alright Eds, let's see. We've got comic books, comic books... and whaddya know! More comic books!" Richie laughed as he shuffled through the stack he'd brought over to Eddie's house. "Couldn't think of a better way to spend a rainy day than with Trashmouth Tozier, eh?" 

"Oh shut up, Rich, before I regret having you over." Eddie giggled, scooting over on his bed and waving him over.

"We've got Captain America, Batman, X-Men..." Richie trailed off as he read the titles. 

"Ooh ooh! Do you have your X-Men 184?" 

"Yes, Eds, I do. But I was gonna read that one!" Richie cried. 

"Pleaseeee," Eddie pouted. 

"Fine. Looks like we'll just have to share this one, Eddie Spaghetti."

Richie stretched his arm across Eddie's shoulders and Eddie rested lightly on his chest. Richie silently hoped Eddie couldn't hear his racing heartbeat.

Minutes passed, the only sounds in the room being pages flipping, Richie's occasional inappropriate commentary, and the heavy patter of the rain outside the window. While Eddie was enjoying the comic, Richie was only growing more and more tense. He didn't care about reading it, he practically knew it from cover to cover. It was Eddie, however, that consumed his thoughts.

He had a small crush on Eddie since the seventh grade, but it only seemed to grow that summer with every time they hung out. But Eddie wasn't gay, right? And Eddie probably wouldn't take him seriously if he told him he liked boys. Who would believe him anyways? He always talked about girls.

Richie gulped. There was only one way to find out. If Eddie kissed him back, he'd know he liked him too. If not, well, he would have made the biggest mistake of his life that would cost him his best friend. He prayed it was a risk worth taking.

"Eds?" Richie barely choked out. 

"Yeah?" Eddie looked up at him with his beautiful, innocent eyes. Richie nearly melted at the sight of Eddie's freckled face and light smile, then paled remembering what he was about to do.

"Rich, are you okay? You look like you've seen a ghost," Eddie nervously laughed. 

"Eddie, um... I..." Richie began. He decided to let his actions do the talking instead. He lightly placed his hand on the side of Eddie's face and quickly pressed his lips to his.

After a moment, Richie pulled away and searched Eddie's face for a reaction. All he saw was pure shock, his eyes wide and expression unreadable. Fuck.

"Sorry," Richie muttered as he promptly stood up and rushed out of the door, tears filling his eyes. He'd just ruined the best friendship he'd ever had by showing his feelings to someone that didn't like him back. He'd fucked up, big time. His friends were the best thing he had in his life, and the rest of the Losers would probably never talk to him again after finding out.

Richie busted through the front door and into the rain, not bothering to put on a jacket. "Richie, wait!" Eddie yelled. 

"It was a mistake, okay! And you can keep the damn comics, they'll be a nice memory of me." Richie sobbed, not turning back as he ran to his bike in the driveway.

"Richie!" Eddie cried, grabbing his arm. Richie turned to face him. 

"What the fuck do you want?" Richie asked, voice breaking. 

"Rich, I..." Eddie stopped and decided to let his actions do the talking instead. He grabbed Richie's shirt, pulling him into a kiss.

This time, Richie was the one who was shocked, but kissed back nonetheless. It lasted about ten seconds, but they were the best seconds they'd ever experienced. Richie's regret melted away and was replaced with relief and passion as he ran his hands through Eddie's hair. Their faces were soaking wet, and their salty tears mixed with the raindrops. The whole moment felt like it was straight out of a movie.

After they finally pulled away, they stared at each other in awe. "Well shit, you coulda done that earlier, princess," Richie smirked.

Eddie rolled his eyes but smiled. "Shut up, Tozier." 

"First one back gets to pick any comic to keep from who loses!" Richie yelled, racing back into the house. Eddie laughed and ran past Richie who struggled to navigate, Richie's vision blurred due to his rained-on glasses.

Richie finally made it to Eddie's room's doorway moments after, out of breath. "Oh come on Eds!" Richie exclaimed. 

"I'll take your X-Men 184," Eddie grinned. 

"That's my favorite, but you're lucky I'm making an exception for you." Richie sighed. They changed into some dry clothes, Eddie grabbing some pajamas from his dresser and Richie changing into a set of clothes he kept there for sleepovers before going back to reading comics on the bed just like before.

Only this time, they both cuddled comfortably knowing that they each liked each other back.

A/N: i was watching this video that connects It to Stranger Things and it makes sense! i had a feeling Bob was talking about pennywise as the clown that was in his nightmares as a kid and his age would've worked for him being in his early teens when pennywise struck in the 50s. and once he showed the clown that he wasn't afraid, he was defeated just like in It. gaten also confirmed it was an easter egg and that stranger things took inspiration from stephen king :)