Glasses

this was inspired by a oneshot by @reddiespaghetti :)  

Richie had been hanging out with Eddie more often lately, but Eddie didn't question it - in fact, he secretly loved spending alone time with him, more than he would admit. Eddie decided to ask him why that day when the dark-haired boy showed up at his door that morning.

"Rise and shine, fucker." Richie grinned at the front door. 

"Wow, Rich. You're up pretty early for a weekend." Eddie replied, yawning a bit. His mother made him wake up promptly at 8:00 to take his medication and maintain his sleeping schedule. 

"What can I say? I couldn't bring myself to go back to sleep after all of your mom's moan-" 

"Beep beep, Richie! Just get your ass inside and shut your mouth." Eddie interrupted, crossing his arms. He led Richie up to his room, shutting the door and facing him. He took a breath before letting out what was on his mind.

"Rich, I was wondering... how come you're hanging out with me more than the rest of the Losers? Like, just the two of us?" Eddie questioned. 

"Oh come on, Eds! Do I seriously need an excuse to spend time with my Eddie Spaghetti?" Richie playfully punched his shoulder. 

"I-I guess not." Eddie smiled at the response and found himself gazing at the beautiful boy in front of him.

"Damn, Eds. I know I'm hot but, stare much?" Richie raised his eyebrows and smirked. Eddie scoffed at Richie's comment, also mentally face-palming himself for being so obvious. 

"I'm not staring at you, idiot. It's just that your glasses are dirty." Eddie replied defensively. 

"Oh really? God, you would be the one to notice." Richie rolled his eyes. 

"Well yeah! How could I not notice? Do you realize how many germs could be on those? All those fingerprints and all that dirt piled up... you probably never even cleaned them once on your own, Rich!" Eddie ranted.

"Whoa, a bit feisty there Eds! But fine, Dr. K. Do whatever you've got to do!" Richie exclaimed, throwing his arms up. "Oh, save me before I tragically fall ill and die!" Richie swooned in a damsel-in-distress voice. 

"Shut up, Tozier. Just hand them over." Eddie held out his hand and Richie promptly removed his thick glasses off of his face, their fingers lightly brushing has he passed them over.

Eddie grabbed a small cloth from his fanny pack along with a spray bottle of cleaning liquid. He kept them on hand for Richie just in case, similar to how Richie carried a spare inhaler for Eddie for emergencies.

Eddie got to work cleaning and rubbing the lenses. Richie looked down at the shorter boy and admired his focus and dedication, smiling to himself. He looked so adorable. "All done." Eddie announced a minute later, putting back his cloth and spray and lifting the glasses up. 

He slipped them behind Richie's ears with his hands brushing either side of his face, both boys blushing as their eyes met. Richie put his hands on top of Eddie's before he could lower them, allowing them to rest against his jawline as he blinked to adjust back to his vision.

 Richie put his hands on top of Eddie's before he could lower them, allowing them to rest against his jawline as he blinked to adjust back to his vision

"Gee, thanks Eds. I can see the whole world clearly now!" Richie exclaimed, taking in the sight of the beautiful freckled boy in front of him. 

"Rich, you haven't even looked around yet." Eddie giggled. 

"I don't need to, Eds. You're already my whole world." Richie whispered, lifting Eddie's chin with two fingers. Eddie's eyes widened and his lips parted slightly hearing what the boy had told him. Before he could say anything, Richie leaned forward and kissed his lips sweetly but passionately.

They pulled away moments later with pure glee written on their faces, resting their foreheads against each other. "By the way, I don't clean my glasses myself because I like it better when you do it for me, Eds." 

"Don't call me that." Eddie smiled, knowing that he couldn't possibly be mad at the boy that had swept him off his feet - Trashmouth Tozier.