He Loves Me

"He loves me, he loves me not..." Richie heard Eddie peacefully whisper to himself. 

Richie stood on the opposite side of a tree that Eddie was sitting against at the park. Beverly told him that Eddie would be there. She'd also told him that Eddie secretly had a crush on him, and Richie couldn't contain his happiness hearing that Eddie liked him back. He needed to see the boy.

It may have seemed a bit creepy that Richie stood against the tree, just listening, but the truth was that he absolutely adored Eddie's angelic voice and cute giggles. After a minute, he heard Eddie's mumbles come to an end and decided that this was his chance. Richie took a deep breath, pushed his glasses further up his nose, and turned to finally approach him.

He tiptoed to the other side of the tree and swiftly covered his hands over Eddie's eyes, causing the boy to gasp and nearly jump out his skin. "Guess who!" Richie exclaimed. 

Eddie let out a breath of relief hearing the familiar voice of his friend and not Henry Bowers or his goons. He would be dead meat if they caught him plucking a flower over if a boy liked him.

"God, Rich, you fucking scared me!" Eddie yelled, peeling Richie's hands off his eyes. Opening his eyes, Eddie saw the beautiful sight that was Richie Tozier kneeling down in front of him. 

"My pleasure, Eddie Spaghetti." Richie winked. Eddie snapped out of daze of staring at the dark haired boy, madly blushing as he scrambled to hide the yellow flower he'd been plucking. He prayed that Richie didn't see or hear any of that. What would he think of him for acting like a elementary schoolgirl and using 'he' instead of 'she?' He bit his lip.

"You're cute when you're flustered, Eds." Richie commented, noticing Eddie's nervousness. 

"I'm not flustered! And don't call me that." Eddie retorted, his voice coming out higher than he'd have liked. 

"Aw, you know you like it, Eds." Richie smiled, ruffling Eddie's hair and causing Eddie's face to heat up more.

"But, h-how'd you even know I'd be h-here, R-Rich?" Eddie asked. 

"Shit Eds, you are Stuttering Bill now or something? But anyways, a little birdy told me you'd be here." Richie smirked. 

"Oh?" Eddie wondered aloud. Suddenly, it hit him. Eddie had told Beverly that he had a crush on Richie that Monday, and she urged him to tell Richie he liked him by Friday, saying something about how she couldn't wait for them to finally get together. 

Oh shit. It's already Saturday. She probably told him for me! Oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck.

Before he could start panicking, Richie spoke again. "What did it say, lover boy?" 

"W-What did what say?" Eddie questioned innocently. 

"The flower, stupid. What did the last petal say?" Richie replied as if it was obvious. 

Fuck. He did see me, Eddie thought.

"It said, uh... he loves me," Eddie squeaked, looking away. Richie gently lifted Eddie's chin with two fingers so their eyes met. Eddie gulped and mentally prepared himself for rejection. 

"You're damn right he does." Richie whispered sensually before connecting their lips. Eddie melted into the kiss as his anxiety washed away, leaving love and longing. He grabbed Richie's shirt with one hand while the other found its way to the back of his neck.

They pulled away moments later with happiness and shock written all over their faces. "Wow, Eds. That beat fucking your mom any day," Richie remarked. He always knew how to ruin a moment. 

"Shut up, Richie." Eddie giggled before pushing him down on the grass and laying beside him, his head leaning on Richie's shoulder while Richie's arm snaked around his waist and his nose nestled comfortably in his hair as they looked up at the sky.

A/N: reddie is basically my life now whoops