1. I love him

CHAPTER ONE:
I LOVE HIM

- Jihee -

A young couple walked out of the shop, holding their hands after they got served. I stared at their backs until they were out of my sight. Such a cute couple. They reminded me of high school days when Jimin and I used to go on dates.

Those golden times with no feelings and worries. That was how we started. Almost three years had passed since the day we started dating and our three year anniversary was near, to be exact, the day after tomorrow.

I still had a little spark of hope about him remembering our special day, but another part of me kept on telling me to stop being pathetic. He already had another girl, so why would he remember about me?

Just like that, a month had passed since the day I saw them together in the car, and he still had no idea that I was aware of him cheating on me. I wasn't even ready to believe at the first time but the next day when I saw them for the second time, I was forced to believe.

She was his personal assistant.

Someone hit my head, having me snap out of those thoughts. "Jihee, " and that person was none other than my best friend. "Wait a minute, sir!" he sent me a death stare, making me realize about the customers.

I received weird looks from them; might have looked like a fool. And to save myself from the embarrassment, I  gave off a thin smile. "Here's your order, " Jungsik walked back with two cups and handed them.

"Have a good day, " at least I helped him with it, with a nervous smile. "What were you thinking about?" he asked, folding his arms together and moved his eyebrows up and down. "I-I was thinking about the day after t-tomorrow," I said nervously.

"What is on the day after tomorrow?" he asked again. "Our anni—" his face dropped even before I completed my sentence and the expression turned into a serious one. "You think he'll remember?" his voice got deeper.

My best friend knew everything about us since I always shared every single thing with him, in short, he knew about Jimin cheating on me. "I don't know," I said, hanging my head low.

"Excuse me, " a female voice spoke, making both of us turn to that person. "Yuri, can you serve the customer?" he said and pulled me away from the place. He walked ahead, holding my wrist as I silently followed him.

Finally, he halted his steps when we reached hallways and turned back to me. "Please break up with him," he made me face him, cupping my cheeks. No idea how many times had he told me this, I always stayed stubborn and asked him to forget about what I told him.

"I told you to forget about it, " I held back my tears, trying to act tough. I always hated my tears for how it decides to act up every time in these kinds of situations.

"But that fucker is cheating—" he stopped his sentence when a tear fell off my eye. Shit. My attempt to hide it failed as I was pulled into his embrace immediately. "Stop crying now. You know I can't see you in tears," he was convincing me, but it came off as if he was scolding because of his tone.

After I wiped those tears, I broke the hug and showed off a smile. "Let's go back, " I walked ahead, only to have him sigh heavily, and went to my counter to get on the job, so did he after me. I could feel him glancing at me in every few minutes to check on me all the time.

That was how the day passed and my shift almost came to an end. The sky was already dark when my phone began to buzz. I checked the caller id and a smile evidently formed across my face.