INTERLUDE

INTERLUDE:
HOW IT ALL STARTED

It was the first day of high school for him, but the second for others, and there he walked unaccompanied with no recognizable faces around. A meter from his class a soft voice captured his attention, the owner walked past him, and he found himself stopping her since it sounded familiar.

"Excuse me?"

"Yes?" she turned around, but the face was far from familiar and had him assume he must have mistaken.

"Um, where's section B?" he asked, only to start a conversation with the girl he disturbed.

"It's right in front of you, " she gave him a weird look and walked to the same class. That made her his classmate, and he entered the class after his classmate which gave the other classmates somewhat wrong idea.

"Who's this hot guy?"

"Ooh."

"Bitch, are you with him?"

The girl ignored the comments and so did he, and he took a seat beside her until. His eyes kept on glancing at the beautiful girl beside him until he noticed a pair of eyes firing some glares at him. "Who's that guy?" the guy who sat on the other side of the girl, her best friend, inquired.

"I don't know."

"I'm Jimin."

The teacher walked into the class shortly.

...

The girl and her best friend walked out of the school premises and parted ways to get their homes. A familiar car drove past her, the one in which the excuse me guy got in earlier and disappeared from the sight in no time, but she noticed that guy walking back towards her in a while.

"Miss. Lee Jihee."

"Yes, Mr. Excuse me?"

It made him crack up first and decide to play along with it. "You've got a nice name for me. Thanks! Mr. Excuse me would like to take you for a coffee, " he put an offer. "And I would like to reject Mr. Nice name, " she rejected politely and proceeded to her way.

"My name is Park Jimin, and I like you."

This particular sentence had her stop and walk back to him. "Is the offer still up?" she asked, crossing her arms over the chest, and that was how they stopped by a nearby shop for a coffee date. They ordered their coffees and paid for their respective ones.

"It's been like seven hours since we met, and you already like me?"  she started.

"So will you go out with me?"

"No."

"Did I get rejected?" he laughed nervously. "I thought girls liked this kind of guys. Ugh. I'm sorry, " he mumbled, leaving the latter in confusion.

The first confession and the first rejection; this whole thing left him in embarrassment and unable to have any kind of eye contact with her. It was late until he realized that he took this a bit fast.

"I'm late, " she changed the topic.

"I'll walk you home, " and he decided to follow.

The walk was awkwardly silent until one of them decided to speak up. "What did you mean by 'I thought girls liked this kind of guys'?" she mocked him and asked out her curiosity. "Um, cool, confident—" "You mean overconfident?" she cut him off and laughed.

"Oh holy, forgive me. This is my first time, and this was how my friends got girls, so I thought— you know?"

"Poor you. I'm sorry, " she cracked up.

"Can we be friends though?" he began the groundwork smoothly.

"My home is here, and I think we can be friends, only because you're funny, Mr. Overconfident, " she laughed and shook her hands with him before walking to her house.

"THANKS, Miss. Names."

••••••••••

"I never thought I could fall in love until you appeared"

••••••••••

This short chapter was about their first meeting and all, and the first half of the story ended in the previous chapter.

More to go.