26. Flashback

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX:
FLASHBACK

A man and his son had chosen a shortcut through the forest at night time to get to their home sooner. Those pairs of eyes noticed something strange on the way and had to stop by to take a look at it, which turned out to be a person lying on the ground covered with blood, not some dead wild creature as assumed by one of them.

"Dad, she is bleeding so badly."

The man took off his coat and the first thing he did was to try and stop the excess blood flow and check her pulse until her half-opened eye came to their notice, that person was still alive and struggling for her life.

"Miss, who did this to you?" the younger one proceeded to inquire but got interrupted and hit by his father on his head.

"J-Jimin."

The cough from the young lady indicated her worst situation since it was accompanied by the blood and she passed out shortly. It made the other two to panic as the part where the gunshot wound was located suggested an emergency.

"CARRY HER!"

It took a few more minutes for them to arrive at their home since it was in the village next to the forest. It was a small house with enough space for the three-membered family plus a shutdown clinic. They brought her to the clinic and laid her down on the bed.

The man happened to be a surgeon, whose license got canceled because of some corrupted police officers after he was accused of killing a patient and ended up in this village, and the cruel people even closed down his clinic he decided to open here.

This was the time his skills would be the only thing to save the person lying there since it would be late until they would bring her to hospital in the city, so he prepared everything necessary for the surgery and began the procedure with the help of his son and daughter.

Maybe this patient was lucky that the blood she needed was available in the body of his daughter, who had done blood tests the day before yesterday in the process of health checkup and reports said everything was fine.

The man was now ready to save another life.

"Let's start, Dr. Kang!".

And the surgery was successful.

The hospital would surely take care of her nicely if they sent her to one but since an unlicensed doctor had operated her, it was not an easy thing to get through unnecessary lawsuits again and what's more, he could get imprisoned for this act, so he decided to keep her at their place until she wakes up.

The patient was shifted to another room and the man found a piece of paper that would be of great help.

An invoice slip wet with blood.

Next day...

The slip indicated the name a coffee shop named 'Black Bean Coffee' as the customer and it included contact numbers as well, so this lady was either an owner or a worker of the shop.

The first number mentioned was dialed and the call was answered shortly.

"Yeoboseyo."