23. Memories

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE:
MEMORIES

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE:MEMORIES

Two years later...

- Jungkook -

I was being inquired about the sudden disappearance of him during business hours by his father, and I could not tell the uncle that he had gone for a date with another woman again, so I decided to lie, which was the hardest part all of this. I was not a good liar and the man in front of me was one the smartest of all.

"No need to lie to me, but I guess today's the day she went missing two years back?" he asked, and I nodded silently.

This man looked so disappointed like he had always been with his son since the day he found out about the affair with another woman.

I was left alone in a while, once the uncle got called to his office. I had been trying a lot to reunite the father and the son, but it nearly seemed impossible now.

I made a phone call to check on the guy must be with that woman at this moment. "Jimin Hyung? How's it going?" I asked the person on the other line. "Pretty good, " and he hung up on me.

It had been two years and things had changed drastically. This young man had never shown in front of us on how much he had been suffering alone. That day I got to know about the case being closed, so I decided to go and talk to his father and he helped me reopen the case without any hesitation.

But there was no sufficient evidence, so it was closed once again and till the date. The police tried to search for the personal assistant but failed. Two people had gone missing that day and no one had for any clue until now. 

The uncle had helped in all possible ways to search for her but never let his son have any idea about it, and on the other hand, the son thought that his father never cared about him. I even hired people to search for her but nothing came to our favor at all until I had to give up.

- Jimin -

I watched the woman across the table talking to me and I simply nodded time to time to fake the attention. This would be the second blind date I had been fixed for this month by Mr. Jeon Jungkook. I had been trying a lot to move on from the past and I hoped it could be as easy as the things I had done back then.

"You said you know about my past, right? Can you give me one reason anyone would want to be with me?"

My head began to act up again and my mouth to speak nonsense. I decided to change the topic and bring this to somewhere else, but I was amazed the moment she decided to answer my stupid question.