12. Detective

CHAPTER TWELVE:
DETECTIVE

- Jimin -

It was bit early; around two hours earlier than my regular time to wake up, but I found a job to pass time. I laid beside her, rested my head on my arm, and admired her beautiful face, but it lasted until those brows got knitted and her breath began to get uneven.

"Baby."

A fragile whimper came out of her mouth as those eyes flew open and began to search for something — someone, and she found me. "It was scary, " she hugged me and caught her breath. "You were dying in my dream, " she stood up and filled a glass of water for herself.

"I'm absolutely fine. I still have to marry you and make babies—"

My words got ignored by her as she left the bed and began to walk back and forth. "You need enough sleep, go back to sleep, " I decided to bring her to sleep again, but she rejected.

"No, the dream will continue."

"I got an idea, " I hopped off the bed and carried her in my arms. "Let's shower together, " I brought her to the bathroom and laid her down in the tub.

"I need to undress first."

Both of us had ourselves undress and got ready for a steamy bath. I got into the bathtub, followed by her, and turned the tap open to fill the tub with water. There we cleaned ourselves, more like each other.

It was time for a warm shower, so I turned on the shower, letting the water pour over us. "Can I have a kiss?" I asked for it, and she landed her lips on mine without any protest. "Is it okay if I continue where I left last night? " my demand got a little bit bigger.

"Sure."

The rest of the time was spent in the bathroom.

This was what I always wanted; a plenty amount of time to spend with my girl plus a bonus point. I continued giving her kisses as I followed her out of the bathroom. I could never get enough of this person.

But the fact that she ignored me the moment I talked about getting married and all scared me. It was obvious she did that on purpose. I had no idea if she had the same thoughts or not. I needed to make everything right for this.

"Will you marry me?"

It made her pause in that very position. "Marriage is not a joke, " she was not so happy about it, and she walked to the closet to grab her clothes. "So are you gonna leave me, just like my mom said?" I asked as I got my body cover with clothes.

I heard her sigh.

"So you think I'm with you only for— I didn't ask for it but you did. I wanted it to continue last night, but I was scared to ask because of your mom's words. Are we seriously doing this now?" and I became the reason behind those tears over again.

"I'm sorry. I'm really sorry."

I attempted to hug her, but she pushed me and walked away. I could not let this happen, so I followed her to the kitchen. There she began to prepare breakfast for us, and I sat down on the chair to watch at her from behind.

"Marriage comes with a lot of responsibilities, and we are still young to get married. I think we should focus on our relationship first so that we will still be together when the time comes. And you know what? Like this, I see no future of us together, " she spoke in a low voice.