Chapter 1

(Y/n)'s POV

Everyday was the same. Nothing seemed to change. It was as if the same day was repeating itself, like there was no future.

"Yah, (Y/n)! Why are you leaving without me?! You should wait," exclaimed Yuri, my 'best and only friend'.
"Okay, whatever you say."

To be honest, our relationship wasn't like the typical bff relationship you'd imagine it to be.
I...didn't choose to become Yuri's friend, it was supposed to be my 'assignment'. She transferred here last year and I was assigned to be her buddy. My plan of ditching her didn't work because she always clung to me as if she was glue.

"(Y/n), why do you look so depressed?" Yuri asked, trying to act cute while doing so.
"Because you're here. I think it would be better for you to find some friends who actually like you."
"*laughs* You're so funny, as usual."
"I'm not trying to be funny, it's simply the truth."
"Omg, have you seen (random kpop group)'s new song?!"
"No."
"*gasp* How could you not have seen it?! It's way better than BTS!"
"Yuri, shut up and leave me alone."

She pulled at me arm, refusing to let me go home. What was her problem?! Why was it so hard for her to make some new friends?! She never took me seriously...

"(Y/n), were you going to leave me alone?" she asked with a pout.
"Yeah, obviously."
"Hmm, that's so mean."
"And that's exactly how I want to be. Now leave me alone and go run to that boyfriend of yours."
"Oh, you're right. Seo Jun is probably waiting for me!"

She immediately took off in the opposite direction. Ugh, finally! That stupid, annoying girl was gone...for today.

I quickly rushed out of school before she could come running back to me. Once I got outside, I plugged in my earphones and put on BTS's 'DNA'.

~Back at home~

Of course, there would be no news about the disappearance of my parents. The police eventually gave up after two months of searching. They left the house two years ago and that was why my uncle had been paying for my tuition and bills for the house.

The only thing my parents left me with was a note saying that they'd leave everything to me. Tch, I didn't exactly hate them for leaving me but I still wanted to know why they did.

~Flashback~

"Hey (Y/n), I heard that your parents ran away like cowards. That must be why you're a coward!" yelled, Ji Soo, the 'prettiest and most popular' girl in the grade.
"You're no better than me. Why take your anger out on me? That just proves that you're a coward trying to run away from your own problems at home."
"Shut up! What the hell do you know?!"

She punched me before stealing my wallet and leaving with her group of friends. Honestly, I didn't get why the boys liked them so much.

"Hey (Y/n), you okay?" asked Seo Jun.
"Yeah, I'm fine. It's no big deal, it happens everyday."
"Okay, if you say so."
"Where's Yuri? Shouldn't you be with her?"
"Oh, she went home sick."
"Oh..."

At least that was one less problem for me to deal with.

Kim Seo Jun...Park Yuri's boyfriend and considered one of the good-looking, popular boys at school. Yuri was offered to go to the popular group but she decided to stay with me because I was her 'first friend' here. I had really hoped that she'd say yes and take up the offer.

"Come on, let's go to the cafeteria. I'll buy you something," exclaimed Seo Jun.

~Flashback end~

*sigh* I turned on my laptop and started to search up random things related to BTS, hoping to lift my mood. Listening to their music always helped calm me down. I didn't have anything I wanted to be in the future, I just hoped that I'd get to meet them and say 'thank you'. *ding* Oh, it was just a message from Yuri...

Yuri: Hey, what's up?

Me: The sky

Yuri: Are you free this Saturday?

Me: No, I have homework to do

Yuri: That's great! We can have a study session together!

Me: I prefer to study alone

Yuri: I'll buy you ice-cream~~

Me: No, go ask Seo Jun

Yuri: He has a soccer match this weekend, so please? 😣😙

Me: No, I refuse to go

Yuri: Pretty please with a cherry on top?

Me: No, leave me alone

Yuri: Okay, I'll take that as a yes! I'll be at your house at 10am tomorrow ^^

Damn her...why couldn't she leave me alone? She has had many chances to make new friends so why did she stick with me all the time? And it's not like I could tell anyone about this...

*sigh* I needed to make myself some dinner before uncle nagged me again about not eating.
He couldn't exactly complain about what I ate as long as I was eating, right? My fridge was literally empty with a few water bottles and maybe a few apples but that was about it. The cupboards had all kinds of snacks but it was mainly just cup ramen.

Yuri's POV

"How is your mission going? Anything to report?" asked Eun Mi, the head of this investigation.
"No, ma'am. Nothing has changed."
"Okay, keep watching her. Don't let her out of your sight."
"Yes ma'am!"

(Y/n) was so annoying, always treating me as if I was just an irritating bug. She was the one that was irritating. *sigh* It was bad enough that I had to watch her but I still had to remain as her friend? Ugh, I felt like I could die anytime. But at least I had a hot boyfriend...but this mission ruined my chances of being popular. So sad...but I hope the reward was worth it.