Chapter 14

Yoongi's POV

"Are you saying that she used her power?" Dae Hyun asked.
"Yeah."
"And then you and your father were surrounded by your memories, as if they were the real thing?"
"Yeah."
"And you're sure it wasn't an illusion?"
"Yeah. How many times are you going to ask me? This is probably the fifth time."
"Sorry, I just need to make sure."
"What happened to (Y/n)?"
"That must be happening again. Yoongi, how do you feel about (Y/n)?"
"Um...?"
"Just answer it."
"She's a good friend...I guess."

Dae Hyun started pacing back and forth, thinking hard about what I had just told him. He looked serious, like this wasn't something to joke about.

"I'm going to call the other BTS members here. I need to tell them. After all, it is your duty to protect her," he exclaimed.

We waited till everyone got here. Dae Hyun refused to tell me anything in advance. He said it would only be fair if we were all here.
Once everyone arrived, he told them to sit down.

"There is something important I must tell you all."
"You mean the thing that happened with Yoongi and (Y/n)? We already know about it," said Jimin.
"How?"
"(Y/n) told us when we paid her a visit in the infirmary. She really wanted to be let out, but Seo Jun wouldn't let her because it was your order apparently," replied Taehyung.
"It's best if she gets some rest first. Anyway, then you must know how her powers have awakened for the first time."
"Yeah, but is that something really this important? I mean, you even called us all here," Namjoon exclaimed.
"Do you know her parents?"

We all looked at each other, unsure of whether we knew them or not.

"Her parents' names are (L/n) (M/n) and (L/n) (F/n). Well, those were the names they changed to after it happened. Even so, that should ring a bell...right?"
"...no?"
"Wait, I think I know this story. The story of a family that has passed down a 'curse'. This curse is apparently unbreakable and has been valid for a very long time. Each generation will be forced to follow a path of destruction, which allows them to destroy a whole country, whether they like it or not. Don't tell me...that's (Y/n)'s family?" Jin asked, a little worried that it may be true.
"Yes, to some extent. What Jin just said was a basic explanation. This curse was bestowed upon them by a witch and yes, they did exist. Anyway, her ancestors did something unforgivable, but that was only according to the witch. That is a story for another time. Well, the curse meant that every generation of her family will be forced to unleash an immeasurable amount of power that is strong enough to terminate a whole country. This has been reduced to only a fraction of a country, it really depends on the person's ability to control their power, but that didn't mean it didn't cause a lot of damage. (Y/n)'s parents tried to hide everything from her, hoping that this would prevent that from happening. But it is inevitable. It cannot be avoided, we can only hope for a miracle."
"But that's..."
"Then what's (Y/n)'s power?"
"From what you told me, it's sounds like a mix between chronokinesis and memory projection."
"What about her parents?"
"They...didn't actually disappear. It is true that they might've disappeared from her life but they are currently travelling the world trying to find a solution to this curse. They want to save (Y/n). I believe her father has fear projection while her mother has energy projection."

Suddenly, the door opened. (Y/n) was standing there with a shocked, yet upset expression on her face. The principal walked towards her, but she just took a few steps back.

"(Y/n), calm down-"
"Calm down? How do you expect me to do that? After all, you just told them the story of my family that I didn't even know. Why wasn't I told about this first?"
"...I'm sorry."
"You're sorry? Is that all you have to say?"

No one said a word. I didn't think we could interfere in her personal family matters.

"Please give me some time alone to think about this," she said before leaving.

Dae Hyun sighed heavily. Namjoon motioned for us to leave his office. The rest of us didn't know what to do. Although we signed the contract, saying that we'd protect her no matter what, there was nothing we could do to help with her emotional problems.

"Yoongi, why don't you go talk to her?" Jimin asked.
"Me? Why me?"
"Because you're the closest to her," Taehyung replied.
"Closest? Does that mean he's her soulmate?" Jungkook asked jokingly.
"I don't think it's the time to be joking around right now," said Jin.
"She said she needed some time alone so I don't think we should bother her. Anyway, don't call me back."

I left without another word. The memories that (Y/n) projected still remained in my mind. What was father thinking when he saw those? Did he really not acknowledge me as his son?

I went outside to the school gardens. A few seconds later, Sang Jin threw a punch at me. I quickly dodged, letting his hand hit the ground. There was a giant dent.

"What the hell are you doing?"
"Hey Yoongi, like my little gift?" Yuri asked with a smirk.
"You controlled him?"
"Yeah, it was easier than I had expected. His mind is, in a way, emotionally weak."
"Why are you dragging him into this? Why bother?"
"Because he's easy to control."
"Instead of constantly relying on other people, why don't you do something yourself?"
"Like what?"
"Use your brain- oh wait, you don't have one. I guess I'll have to tell you. There's something called general magic."
"Tch, like I care!"
"Why are you getting so hyped up? Can you...not use general magic?"