Chapter 2

(Y/n)'s POV

~The next day at 10am~

The doorbell rang, indicating the start of a long and tortuous day with Yuri. Of course, she came in without even asking and just sat on the couch as if this was her own house. If she was actually my friend, I wouldn't mind but did she seriously not have any manners at all? Oh wait, she thought that I was her friend...

"Hey (Y/n), what are we studying for?" she asked with a cringy high-pitched voice.
"The tests for (subject)."
"Tests? Not test? We have more than one?"
"*sigh* If you were actually paying attention in class, you would know. The test is separated into two parts."
"Oh, okay. Anyway, you know the assignment for science?"
"Yeah, what about it?"
"Can you please send me yours? I don't know what to do."
"No, do it yourself. The instructions are written on the task sheet."
"Please? I'm really confused."
"No."
"I won't copy, promise."
"No."

She was smart enough so why ask for my work? I hated giving my work to other people, because then they took the credit for the work I did.

"Hey Yuri?"
"Yeah?"
"Why are you always sticking with me? Why not go make some new friends?"
"Because you're my first friend at this school. There's no point in making more than one friend."

*sigh* There was seriously no way to change her mind, was there?

Eun Mi's POV

"Yo sis, we found some new information regarding that case," exclaimed Min, my younger brother.
"Good work."
"According to our research, there are more than one of them all around the world."
"So there are more of them outside of Korea?"
"Yeah, but so far, we have only confirmed around one on each continent, other than Asia, which has two."
"I see...go see what else you can find."
"Alright."

Our mission was to find those that could be a threat to this world and exterminate them. Of course, this was classified information so only a select few personnel knew about this. When I was in charge, there was no case that was left unsolved. We will win this, no matter what.

Seo Jun's POV

Geez, this soccer match was tougher than I thought. I had really hoped for Yuri to come to cheer me on but obviously she wasn't here. She was probably annoying (Y/n) like she always did.
At first, I was just blinded by her beauty but now, I was starting to come back to my senses. Did I really love Yuri or was I falling for (Y/n)? Why couldn't I bring myself to tell Yuri? She was my girlfriend so why?

"Hey Seo Jun, what are you doing? You're on next," said the coach.
"Okay, coming."

I quickly gulped down half a bottle of water to try to clear my head. I couldn't focus on the game if these thoughts kept distracting me. The team needed me so I couldn't lose focus. Thinking about Yuri could come later.

(Y/n)'s POV

~Afternoon~

Yuri had finally left, saying that she might as well go pay Seo Jun a visit. I was glad, really glad. It was extremely annoying, having her constantly nag me about sending my assignment to her.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. Who could it be? My uncle wasn't in Seoul and Yuri left a couple of minutes ago. There wasn't anyone else that would come visit me, especially not unannounced.

"Yes?"
"I work for your uncle. He has told me to deliver to you this letter. Now, if you excuse me."

The strange man left without another word. Letter? Why couldn't uncle just call me instead? I opened the snow white envelope and began reading.

Hey (Y/n),
How have you been? Good? Great? You must be wondering by now why I had this letter delivered to you rather than simply giving you a call, right? Well, this seemed more formal ahaha. Anyway, I'm writing to ask you- no, to tell you to transfer to my school. It's called Dia-Rosaria High. Don't bother searching it up on the internet. You're probably really surprised, right? Like 'whoa, my uncle owns a school?!' Well, it's true. I never had the chance to tell you. Anyway, some people will be there to pick you up in a few days. I've already gotten everything ready so you don't need to worry about anything. See you soon :)
From your loving uncle

...what?! Having me transfer to his school so suddenly?! Why?! What was with this sudden decision?! But uncle owned a school?! And I never knew...but why not search it up on the internet? Did it have bad reviews or something? Nah, that probably wasn't the case. Well, I trusted my uncle so I might as well start packing. Wait, it was a boarding school, right? I should probably pack just in case. Well, I'd be moving out of Seoul so why not?

Wait...this means that I'd be able to escape from Yuri! Yes! No more fake friends and bullies! But what if I got bullied at my uncle's school? Well, I can just tell uncle about that. But what if people started spreading rumours that I just used my uncle for my own benefits? N-no! Stop thinking of these stupid thoughts! *ding*

Seo Jun: Hey, did Yuri call you or anything?

Me: No, why do you ask?

Seo Jun: Well...I sorta did something bad?

Me: *no comment*

Seo Jun: I'll tell you about it at school

Me: Ah, about that...I'll be transferring to a different school

Seo Jun: Eh?!

Me: Haha sorry

Seo Jun: Does Yuri know?

Me: I haven't told her yet

Seo Jun: Well, hope to meet you again soon

Me: You're making it sound like I'm moving overseas

Seo Jun: ;)

Me:...whatever

*smiles* That Seo Jun...