Chapter 9

(Y/n)'s POV

"Are you sure about this?"
"Yeah, I'm 100% sure. Just trust me," Jungkook reassured me.
"O-okay, I'll trust you then."
"Yah, that's not fair! You're fast so it's obvious that you're gonna win this!" Taehyung whined.
"(Y/n), we're not gonna lose this."

Jungkook, Namjoon, Hoseok and I were on one team while the others formed the other team. It was Saturday so there was no school and uncle had organised some kind of 'vacation' for us. Well, to me, it sounded more like a military boot camp...but much more fun.

"Ready, set, go!" yelled Jimin.

No one's POV

Jungkook ran off along the twisting path. The first event was a relay race. Jungkook and (Y/n) against Jimin and Jin. Everyone was curious about how this would turn out. There was no doubt that Jungkook would win against Jimin but there was no saying what the outcome would be with (Y/n) and Jin.

"Go (Y/n)!" Jungkook exclaimed while giving her a boost.

She immediately sped along the dirt path with incredible speed. It wasn't as fast as Jungkook but it was good enough to be faster than the average human being, possibly faster than olympic sprinters.

He had transferred some of his speed into (Y/n)'s body with a spell used by speedsters.
Meanwhile, Jimin had just handed the coloured stick over to Jin. He quickly ran down the path with as much speed as he could muster, but it wasn't enough to catch up to (Y/n).

"Jimin, do something about this!" Jin yelled, frustrated that his ability was just healing.
"Okay, I'm on it!"

Jimin manipulated (Y/n)'s shadow and used that to slow her down. Her shadow grabbed onto her legs, causing her to trip over. She was having trouble standing up with the shadow holding onto her legs. Jin took this chance to run past her. It wasn't until he was close to the finish line when Jimin released her.

"(Y/n), do it!" yelled Jungkook.
"Speed, power, increase, evolve...teleport!"

Those five words were the words needed to use a simple speed-teleportation spell. (Y/n) disappeared, leaving no trace behind.

(Y/n)'s POV

In the end, the relay race was a tie. I had teleported just in time, just before Jin made it.

"Good job, (Y/n)," Namjoon complimented.
"Thanks."
"I'm surprised you actually learnt some spells in a few minutes before the competition began," exclaimed Hoseok.
"I'm surprised myself. I didn't think I could even use magic."
"You wouldn't be attending this school if you couldn't," Yoongi replied.
"Whatever."
"Let's have a rest before we start the second round," said Taehyung.

I immediately sat down on a nearby bench, unable to stand. Geez, how did Jungkook run so fast without getting tired? I guess I'm just not cut out for speed, so that definitely wasn't my ability.

*sigh* If only I could find out my special ability, then it'd make this so much easier. I would be able to take on Yuri without getting help from anybody.

"The next round is going to be swimming," exclaimed Jimin.
"Oh, okay."
"What were you thinking about? You looked so serious."
"Nothing much."
"Hey, you can talk to us if you want. We'll be there to listen."
"Thanks..."

He just gave me a warm smile before leaving to go talk to the others.

"Alright, let's start. It'll be Hoseok and I against Yoongi and Jimin," Namjoon announced.
"Is this another relay?"
"I guess, but it's gonna be a bit different. The first swimmers from each team will compete against each other. They have to swim out into the ocean until they reach the red flags and then come back with it. They pass it to the next swimmer. The second swimmers swim to the same location and come back. The winner of this event will depend on which team comes first."
"Okay, so who's swimming first?"
"I'll go first," Hoseok replied.
"Same here," Yoongi added.
"That's unexpected. Hyung is actually volunteering to go first, and it's swimming too," said Taehyung.
"What? It's not like I can avoid it. It'd be better to go first."

~A few minutes later~

Yoongi and Hoseok had lined up together. Hoseok seemed ready, yet nervous but Yoongi looked surprisingly calm. Was he a good swimmer? Or was Hoseok a bad swimmer? Well, whatever it was, he seemed really calm about this competition.

"3 2 1, go!" Jin yelled.

We all watched, waiting for them both to run to the sea. But neither of them were moving. Were they waiting for the opposing team to make the first move? Gosh, this was so tense.

"Yah! Hurry up and go!" Taehyung said, a little annoyed at waiting.
"Sshhhh, don't ruin the moment," Jungkook said.

After a few more moments, Hoseok ran towards the ocean and began to swim. Yoongi just casually walked towards the sea, still with the same stoic expression.

"Oi, hurry up! We're gonna lose at this rate!" yelled Jin.
"I'll do things how I want," Yoongi replied while freezing the ocean.

He stepped onto the frozen sea and continued to walk. Meanwhile, Hoseok was stuck in between the ice, unable to move. Oh no, what was he gonna do?

"That's cheating! You're supposed to swim," Jungkook exclaimed.
"There was nothing that said I couldn't do this," replied Yoongi.

Come on, Hoseok. You can beat him...but why did I feel hesitant? Why did it feel as if I wanted Yoongi to win? Tch, I couldn't possibly still have feelings for him...right?

Suddenly, Hoseok summoned spirits of the dead to aid him. Around a dozen surrounded Yoongi while a couple were helping Hoseok get out of the ice. They all seemed like some sort of pirate or sailor. Well, that was typical, considering how they were in the sea right now.

Yoongi's attacks went straight through the 'undead', so he switched to combat, hoping that that would do something. Nothing seemed to work for him.

"Ugh, it was freezing! Yoongi, I'm gonna win this!" Hoseok yelled with determination.
"Suit yourself."

Everyone else, including myself, was watching intensely, we were all on edge. Luckily this area was isolated from normal human civilisation, otherwise we'd be in big trouble.

Hoseok rushed towards the flag with all his might but it was almost futile since he kept slipping on the ice. Who was going to win?...