Chapter 22

(Y/n)'s POV

~The next day~

Tears were sliding down my cheeks. They dripped down onto my pants. Uncle had ordered Taehyung and Namjoon to watch over me but I felt bad that they had to watch me in pain.

We were in a simple room with only a table and three chairs. There was one window that showed a view of the school garden, but that was about it. Well, not that we could see any of it. The room was surrounded by my memories. At times, we would go back into the past. All this happened because I couldn't control my power.

"(Y/n), are you okay?" Taehyung asked worriedly.
"Y-yeah, I'm fine..."

I clutched my head and continued to look downwards, avoiding eye contact with the two. I was afraid that I might unintentionally project their memories and travel back to that time period. I shouldn't invade their privacy.

Taehyung was trying to overcome my memories with his illusions but it didn't always work. I tugged softly at this sleeve while shaking my head. It was no use, he would just be wasting his energy.

"Hey, how about a game?" asked Namjoon.
"W-what...game?..."
"A staring contest," Taehyung replied with a smile.
"No...I can't-"
"Yes you can, just try it with me," Namjoon reassured me.

I shook my head. There was no way I was going to take that risk. The room already had cracks along the walls due to the amount of power that I used.

Suddenly, Namjoon's warm hand grabbed onto my cold one. It was different from Yoongi's touch but it wasn't bad. It was like the warmth of an older brother. I hesitantly looked up at him in the eye. Surprisingly, nothing changed that much. He was trying very hard to block out the power I was emitting, I could tell from the sweat on his forehead.

Yoongi's POV

"No, let me try again."

I was currently trying to learn black magic. It was extremely difficult and didn't go well with the way I was used to. I had to change my technique, but the feeling was unfamiliar and it kept repelling my attempts.

"Yoongi, I think that's enough. You've been trying for almost the whole night," exclaimed (M/n).
"No, I can keep going. There's only one day left."

I continued to chant the confusing spells. (Y/n)'s life was more important than my own. There would be nothing left for me if she wasn't there. That was why...I had to save her...no matter what.

The black magic spells were a hundred times more difficult than the simple spells we had learnt in class. According to Dae Hyun, it was impossible to master black magic in just two days but I was just hoping for a miracle. If there really was a god out there, I would pray that he give us a miracle.

Jin healed me once again, replenishing my stamina and strength. He had been doing this all night long, only taking two minute rests every two hours. Honestly, I felt bad for him but I was also grateful since it helped a lot.

Over and over again, I tried. I refused the help everyone tried to give me. There was no way I was letting them get involved. (Y/n) would be so upset...that was why, it should only be me. I could handle this much. It wasn't as painful as what she was going through right now.

Jungkook's POV

Hyung's ability to use black magic was incredible. He may think that nothing much has changed but in reality, everyone could feel the difference from before he started.

"Hey, don't you think his ice is compatible with black magic?" asked Jimin.
"What do you mean?"
"Not only is it strong and sharp, his ice has an aura that only Yoongi has, which is why nobody else can do what he does. That ice is Yoongi's...it's his cyrokinesis."
"Yeah, I agree with him," Hoseok added.
"But I guess it also has something to do with his willpower to save (Y/n)."

~Midday~

Yoongi had finally decided to stop for a few minutes to rest. We couldn't convince him to go rest in his room. He was too fixed upon saving (Y/n)'s life. It was true that he still needed more practising but he needed to rest a lot longer.

"Yoongi, I think you're still missing something," said Dae Hyun.
"Missing what? I've tried everything to learn these things," Yoongi replied with frustration.
"Go think about it-"
"No, let him come with me," exclaimed a man that came out of a portal.

Who was that? I've never seen him before in my life. It may be bad to eavesdrop but I was really curious about this person's identity....What?! Was he Yoongi's dad?! So that was what he looked like...Throughout all the years we've been together, we have never seen his parents before. He only took us to his house when they were on a business trip.

Yoongi's POV

What was father doing here? He came here unannounced and decided to take me somewhere? And that just has to be today of all days? I wasn't sure about his intentions.

"Yoongi, we're going whether you like it or not. There's nothing you can say that'll change my mind," said father.

He was right. There was nothing... *sigh* I eyed him before going through the portal that led back to our house. Tch, forcing me to go home when I was in the middle of doing something that would save (Y/n).

"Why do you want to see me?"
"Yoongi, I've thought about it for a while. I've been thinking ever since that (Y/n) projected your memories. She surprises me...talking back to me like that. Haha, in the end...I realised that she was right."
"What are you talking about?"
"I've been a terrible father, I'm sorry. It may be too late to beg for your forgiveness...but at least I've gotten this load off my chest."
"...you haven't been too bad so don't worry about it, old man. I'm going back. There's something I have to do."
"O-old man? *sigh* I know, good luck."

Now that he's talked to me about this...for some reason, I felt like this was actually gonna work.