Chapter 23

(Y/n)'s POV

Taehyung and Namjoon had already left the room. Jungkook and Jimin took their place in watching over me. I felt guilty...they didn't deserve to go through this and yet, they had to because of me.

The entire room was almost destroyed and the night sky was visible through the broken ceiling. Jimin simply flashed a gentle smile towards me when I accidentally looked into his eyes.

To be honest, I was more worried about Yoongi than I was for myself. Jungkook had told me, after what felt like a billion years, that he was learning black magic to try to break my curse. In the process, he may even lose his life. I didn't care about mine, I didn't want him to get hurt because of me.

Suddenly, a massive headache started to grow in my head, making me hide my face in my arms. It was so painful that tears were welling up in my eyes.

"Hey (Y/n), you okay?" asked Jungkook.
"Yeah, d-don't worry..."
"You know, talking always helps. Yoongi told us that he'd kill us if we didn't look after you. *laughs lightly* I think he actually meant it," Jimin exclaimed.
"That's so much like him..."
"There was this one time- watch out!"

Jungkook immediately dashed towards me and pulled me away from the chair, where a piece of the ceiling had fallen. Jimin quickly took us out of the room, which was almost completely demolished.

Jungkook had a small cut on his forearm. For some reason, I started to feel pain...and guiltiness all over again. Everyone was becoming misfortunate because of this curse.

"It's only a small cut, it'll heal with time," Jungkook said reassuringly.

It'd heal with time...that was it! If I could just go back to before he got hurt...I really hoped I could do it. I would be going back in time a few seconds, where everyone would be affected. I had to somehow involve Jungkook, but preserve his memory.

"J-Jungkook, Jimin...please give me your hands..."

They looked at each other before doing so. I hesitantly took them and forced the power to come out of my body, despite the amount it was already releasing. More damage to the room was most likely inevitable but at least Jungkook wouldn't be getting a scar on his arm.

A few moments later, we were back to the present. Jimin seemed fine, luckily, and was unaffected by my ability. I looked at Jungkook cautiously, afraid that I might've done something wrong.

"Thanks, although my brain feels kinda weird," he said while trying to focus his eyes on me.
"Sorry-"
"There's nothing you need to apologise for. I'm sure you tried your hardest."

Before I could manage a reply, more power emitted from my body.

"R-run! Go!"

They reluctantly ran away, hopefully to a place far away from here after telling everyone else. The ground cracked simply from the sheer power of my ability. More of my memories were being projected around the school while more time travels were made. I desperately tried to control as much as possible, but it was futile.

Yoongi's POV

Ugh, my head...my body...not even Jin's healing ability could help with it. I guess this was the price for using black magic, but it was worth it. I had to save (Y/n) no matter what.

Suddenly, Jimin and Jungkook ran inside the room I was practising in. They looked panicked and worried. I could tell straight away that something was happening to (Y/n).

"Yoongi, hurry! I don't think (Y/n) can control it anymore!" Jungkook exclaimed hurriedly.
"She's in the school garden!" added Jimin.

I quickly ran out of the room, leaving everyone behind. Everything was getting destroyed, the trees...the buildings...everything.

For the spell I had to use to lift the curse, I needed to be within 2.5 metres of (Y/n)'s range. It shouldn't be too hard, depending on how much power was uncontrollably coming out.

Once I got there, I could spot (Y/n) straight away and immediately ran towards her. A giant dent had formed underneath her feet, where she was clutching her head in pain.

Quickly, I went down and walked slowly towards her.

"S-stay away!" she yelled worriedly.
"Just calm down-"
"Don't come any closer! I don't know what I'll do!"

Calmly and gently, I closed the distance between us. Before she could step back, I grabbed onto her arms. She refused to look at me. It was already hard to be in a radius of five metres around her, but I couldn't worry about that right now.

I lifted her chin up and placed my lips upon hers. She almost immediately calmed down. I started to transfer the spell I had practised into her body. Slowly, the power died down more and more until she was unconscious.

The spell I had just used involved an act of affection and needed to be some kind of physical contact. For some weird reason, the more deep the contact was, then the more effective the spell.

Ugh, my head! Damn it...it hurt so much. I still had (Y/n) in my arms. At least she was safe...that was all I could hope for.

"Put your hands up! That girl is coming with us!" yelled some suspicious man.
"Who the hell are you?"
"My name's Min, and that's Eun Mi. You've probably already met Yuri. We are a special investigation team that involves locating people with special abilities. After that, we exterminate them for the sake of the world."
"What the hell are your talking about?! (Y/n)-"
"Was going to destroy Korea."
"Yeah, but she didn't. And she was forced to."
"So? I don't care. Now hand her over or else we'll have to use force."

Tch, damn these people...