Chapter 15

Yoongi's POV

"You can't use general magic?!"
"So what if I can't? Is it that big of a deal?" she asked.

I left her with Sang Jin and quickly went to the principal's office. That can't be possible. She had an ability and yet, she couldn't use general magic? It was possible the other way around but not like this. Does that mean Yuri artificially gained her ability?

"What is it, Yoongi?"
"Yuri can't use general magic."
"Oh, okay...wait, what?"
"She can't use it. That means that she wasn't born with an ability."
"Are you serious?"
"Yeah. What are you going to do? We can't let her stay here any longer."
"Yoongi, give me some space. I need to think about this."

(Y/n)'s POV

I was pacing back and forth in my room. Yoona was in the shower, so there was nothing that could distract me. Ugh, all this information was making my head hurt.

"Hey (Y/n), you seem down. Come on, I'll show you something," exclaimed Yoona.

She took my hand and led me to the school gardens. There was no one here, it was just the two of us.

"Want to know what my ability is?" she asked with a smile.
"Yeah, sure."

She took a few steps back and changed into a grey wolf. W-was that Yoona? Or was that her pet or something?

"My ability is shapeshifting, which is the ability to change the physical form or shape of the body," she said, still in her wolf form.
"Wow, that's cool."
"What else do you want to see?"
"Hmm...maybe a phoenix?"
"Uh..sorry, only really advanced shapeshifters can do mythical creatures. As for me, I can only change into things I know, it can be either objects or animals, no people."
"Then, how about a raven?"

A white light surrounded her body before a raven appeared where the wolf once was. She flew onto my shoulder. I just smiled and went back inside.

Suddenly, I was pushed to the wall. Yoona quickly changed back into her human form and tried to pry Sang Jin's arms off my shoulders.

"It's no use, Sang Jin's ability is super strength," exclaimed Yuri.
"What the hell do you want?"
"It's simple, I just want you to obey me."
"In your dreams."
"Park Yuri, let (Y/n) go. She has done nothing wrong," Yoona said.
"Like I care, just hating her is enough for me to want to do this."

Sang Jin's grip got tighter on my shoulders. Tch, there was nothing I could do and I didn't want to drag Yoona into this either.

Before any of us could do anything, Sang Jin floated in the air before crashing a few metres away.

"Park Yuri, did your parents not teach you any manners? It's considered rude to harm a lady," exclaimed Namjoon.
"My parents didn't have time to teach me any manners because they're dead. But I've gotten over it, so there's no need to worry about me," Yuri replied with a fake smile.
"Drop the act. I'm not worrying about you, I'm worrying about how mad Yoongi would be if he hears about this."

Namjoon walked past her and led Yoona and I away from her. *sigh* Here I was getting saved...again.

"Thank you so much!" Yoona said with a deep bow.
"There's no need to thank me. I just did what I had to do," Namjoon replied with a smile.
"Oh, I need to go back and call my mum. Sorry, but please excuse me."

Yoona ran off in the direction of our room. That call must be important, I assumed. Namjoon started walking in the opposite direction. Was I supposed to follow him?

"You coming or not?" he asked.
"Oh, yeah."

I quickly caught up to him and walked by his side in silence. We were walking to what seemed like the boys' dorms. Gosh, this felt so awkward for me.

"You embarrassed?" he asked with a slight grin.
"A-as if! I'm just a little surprised."
"Don't worry, we're only going to Jungkook's room."

The rest of the walk there was peaceful. Well, at least I thought it would be. It was peaceful until Sang Jin showed up and aimed a punch at Namjoon.

His arm stopped in mid air, then flung itself backwards. The force of it was strong enough to pull his whole body back.

"Yuri, come out. Stop hiding like a coward!"
"Hiding? It's called watching from afar," she replied at the very end of the hallway.

Sang Jin quickly got up and ran towards us. This fight was going to be endless. Namjoon could easily control his movements, but Sang Jin couldn't go down that quickly.

"What's going on?" asked Hoseok.
"Watch out!"

He dodged just before Sang Jin crashed into him.

~Some time later~

The fight ended, only because uncle stopped it when he was passing by. In the end, Yuri had run away, just like a coward. Uncle had told me to go back to my room, so I had no choice but to leave.

On the way back, I couldn't help but feel chilly. Whether it was from the cold or just some odd feeling, I couldn't tell. This didn't go away and still lingered in the air, even when I had arrived at my room.

"Yah, how can you not notice the cold?" Yoongi suddenly asked.
"Ah! That was you the whole time? Geez, you could've at least come out."
"Eh, whatever. Anyway, come with me."

Before I got a chance to reply, he dragged me by my arm till we got to the rooftop. He didn't let go. Instead, my fingers were intertwined with his.

"I like this," he exclaimed.
"*slight blush* Really?"
"Yeah."

We stood there for a few moments, taking our time to look at the view. *ding* Huh? A message...from my mum?! I quickly opened it.

Mum: Answer the call

The call? Was she going to call me? But why tell me in advance? Something wasn't right.

My phone rang, but it was a no-called ID. I hesitantly answered it and put it on speaker.

"Hey little girl, if you want your parents back alive, come and meet me alone or else I'll kill them."