Chapter 13

(Y/n)'s POV

~Nighttime~

The sun had already set by the time I returned to school. In the end, we didn't do much and just played games the whole time.

I was on the rooftop, clutching my pendant. It didn't have anything inside, nor was it an extravagant piece of jewellery. It was just plain rose gold...and the last present my parents got me before they disappeared.

"Why are you always here?" asked Yoongi.
"Why can't I be?"
"Well, it's just that you have your room and yet, you still choose to think here."
"...whatever."

He sat down beside me, looking up at the night sky. There were more than a billion stars in the sky, but the moon was invisible.

"I need to ask you for a favour," Yoongi exclaimed.
"What is it?"
"Can you please keep what happened at my place a secret?"
"Sure...but why did you bring me there?"
"I don't know, I guess I just wanted to show you that place. The place where I can be freed from this disgusting world."
"Is this world disgusting in your eyes?..."

Yoongi's POV

I glanced at (Y/n). She had a peaceful expression on her face while looking at the stars. But what was she holding in her hands? I had noticed for a while but didn't bother to ask.

"You know, you're actually a lot nicer than I had expected you to be," she said.
"Tch, whatever."
"And there's that rude personality."
"Rude? I'd prefer you use the word 'cold'."
"...was that supposed to be funny?"

Suddenly, a large portal appeared before us. I quickly stepped in front of (Y/n) to shield her from its force. But this portal wasn't just any portal...why did it seem like the one my family used?

Father stepped through while pointing a sword at (Y/n).

"Yoongi, move aside. I couldn't forget the way that girl talked to me, so that's why she deserves to die," he exclaimed.
"What the hell are you talking about? She did nothing wrong."
"And you...I still need to discipline you. How dare you speak to your father like that? And why do you defend some girl you just met?"
"There's no reason for me to tell you."

(Y/n) clutched my hand. I could feel her shivering, but I couldn't tell if it was because of the cold or out of fear.

"Yoongi, step aside."
"No."
"This is your last warning. Step aside or else I'll have to use force."
"Fine, like I care."

He looked extremely angered by the fact that I wasn't obeying his commands. Why would I? He has done nothing for me before so why should I do something for him?

(Y/n)'s POV

Yoongi got out his weapon and started to fight his father. Oh no, this shouldn't be happening. They'd get hurt...

"S-stop fighting..."

They weren't listening as they were too engaged in the battle. The school was going to get ruined at this rate.

"Both of you, stop it!"

I felt so helpless, unable to do anything. Neither of them were listening to me. It was as if I was invisible, like something that was nonexistent.

"Stop fighting!!!"

No one's POV

Yoongi and his father both stopped at hearing how strong her voice was. Her eyes had turned a glowing white. She was panting heavily, most likely from awakening her power for the first time.

"You are his father...you shouldn't be treating your son like that! What the hell has he done to you?! You may say he's a brat or a good for nothing...but who's fault do you think that is? It's yours! You neglected his feelings, refusing to consider things from his point of view so of course he'd end up becoming rebellious."
"You..."
"(Y/n)..."
"Please stop, stop hurting each other..."

Their surroundings changed, as if there was some illusion being casted. But this was different. This wasn't an illusion. It was a memory.

"Dad, look! I made an ice bunny!" yelled a 4 year old Yoongi.
"Haha, good job."
"I'm gonna try making you now."
"Me? Then it must be really handsome, right?"
"Hmm, I wonder about that..."

The two burst out laughing. His mother was sitting in the shade of the tree, watching her husband and son.

The scene changed. They were no longer in a park. It was inside, inside a house. This time, Yoongi looked a little older.

"Father, I got in the top 5 of the class," exclaimed an 11 year old Yoongi.
"Tch, why are you telling me this? Top 5 is not good enough. Get first place, then I'll acknowledge you as my son."
"But-"
"Leave, I'm busy right now."
"But I tried my hardest on this test..."
"Stop lying. If you did try your hardest, then you would've gotten first."

His father walked past, leaving Yoongi by himself. He was feeling sad and upset inside, everything he did no longer pleased his father. They grew further and further apart, more and more wounds were inflicted upon the both of them.

Soon, everything was back to normal. They were back on the rooftop, but (Y/n) had fallen unconscious. Yoongi picked her up. He didn't speak a word, neither did his father. Yoongi turned his back towards him and left without saying anything.

Maybe it was the memory that got them or maybe nothing had changed. But one thing was certain...(Y/n) would be the one to save his life.

~Some time later~

"Ugh, what happened?" (Y/n) asked while sitting up on the bed.
"Yoongi said that you fainted," Seo Jun replied.
"Oh..."

Everything from before was going through her head. What did she do? How did that happen?

"Are you feeling any better now?" he asked with concern.
"Yeah, I'm fine now. Where's Yoongi?"
"He left to tell your uncle something."
"I see..."