Chapter 2

Having a friend is an immense help. You can have a shoulder to cry on. You can share your problems. And you can have a partner in your craziness.

We were walking inside the mall while I was holding a frappe, and in one hand, I had my paper bag filled with the contents of my requirements.

"What sport will you choose, Zand?" Ruru asked, busy on her cellphone.

"Volleyball, you?"

"Volleyball, too."

Ever since then, I've noticed that people look at us. Or Ruru? Do we have dirt on our faces?

"Oh! It's Ryle, oh." Ruru pointed to Ryle near the mall exit.

Unlike Damon, I felt nothing else. My heart did not react. Damon had my heart pounding, and I could hardly breathe.

"Hi, Zands! Hello Ru!" Ryle greeted us as he approached us. We smiled back.

"Are you going home now?" He walked with us out.

"Ah, yeah." I'm embarrassed to say. Ru is busy with her cell phone again.

"I'll drive you. I'll go home now," he said when we were at the mall exit.

The afternoon wind blew. It's getting dark, too, a sign that night is coming.

"Ah, okay, it's already night," Ruru answered, and she giggled and glanced at me.

I rolled my eyes. Ryle is next to me and says something to Ruru. I look at the people at the exit of the mall. I was shocked to see Damon looking at me. He was leaning on his Chevrolet and smoking. He is not alone; he's with Clinton, his cousin!

Does he smoke? Ruru and Ryle can't see him because they're on their back while I'm facing Damon and Clinton.

My heart pounded when I saw his dark stare. I was shocked when Clinton pointed at me. What? Why was I taught?

"Can I invite you tomorrow night?" Ryle asked me.

"Where?" I asked him.

I glanced again in Damon's direction, and I almost fell. He is looking at me intently! His brooding eyes tell me he's dangerous!

I don't know why he threw a sharp look at me! I didn't do anything wrong! Maybe he was angry because of my cookies, then? But he threw that away, didn't he? I must be the one to get angry!

I averted my gaze.

"It's my birthday. We are going to celebrate a little. Only on Twilite."

"Really? Sure! Expect Zandria and me there." I laughed because Ruru answered.

"Is that okay?" Ryle asked me.

I pouted and nodded. "All right."

Ryle smiled. I looked at Damon's place again. Only to find out that he was still looking at me.

What? I almost fainted from the beating of my chest. Clinton said something to him, and Damon shook his head. Clinton laughed.

Is he like that?

God! Just seeing Damon right now, I'm happy.

Ryle drives us home.

I'm staring at the ceiling now, thinking what I can do again for Damon.

I may look stupid thinking about this. Even if he has a girlfriend, it's okay with me.

I hope he notices me and my effort occasionally. Why can't he do that? If others are counting sheep to sleep, I, on the other hand, was thinking of him.

In my dreams, he was there.

Damn, I'm crazy!

"What kind of stupidity is that, Zands? He's not even paying attention to you! Then you'll give him cookies again?!" Ruru told me when she saw the box of cookies I was carrying. Again.

I was so annoyed, and I scratched my eyebrow.

"I'll just give it to him, okay?"

"He'll just throw it away, repeatedly." she crossed her arms. We are now walking down the hallway.

I hope he doesn't throw this away. How many times have I given it to him, and he throws it away? Sometimes, he gave it to his cousins. But instead of being discouraged, I was still in love.

"He'll eat this later, won't he?"

When it was three o'clock in the afternoon, and I knew Damon had finished their basketball training, I went to the locker. I was carrying two boxes of cookies. I even added lip tint and powder to my face. I just let my long hair fall out. I sat on the cement bench before my locker, waiting for Damon.

A few minutes ago, I looked at my wristwatch.

"Three-forty-five," I uttered. Where is he? I closed my eyes first so as not to be bored.

"Well... well... Damon's stalker is here again?" A few women sarcastically clapped their hands, so I opened my eyes. My forehead furrowed as I looked at them. Based on their ID, they are in their fourth year of college.

"Yes?"

The madness of their three eyes made me panic.

The girl in the middle scoffed.

"You're a freshman, and you dare to chase Damon?" She cursed, so I was even more nervous. My knees shook, and I was shocked when the woman grabbed my necktie, so I stood up forcefully!

"I'm not chasing him... whatever... ah, I'll give it to him..." I showed them the cookies I brought. They smirked.

"This?!" At the same time, the woman grabbed my box of cookies and threw them on the floor. I was shocked and knelt to pick them up while they were laughing!

"What have you done?!" I screamed, crying. They have no right to do that! I'm the one who made it!

"Ack~" I cried in pain when the woman pulled my hair.

"From now on, I don't want to see you chasing Damon because he's mine!" She shouted at me that I was almost deaf and closed my eyes.

Why do they even have to hurt me? Are they that obsessed with Damon?

I picked up the scattered cookies. I can't give this to him anymore. It's already messed up. My tears rolled down.

"Who said you can hurt her?" a baritone voice stopped me. I looked up.

I shivered at Damon's kind of stare at the three women who had hurt me. It was hard to read with his eyes. My chest throbbed in his presence. Here is my heart again every time I see him.

The three women, whose names I did not know, trembled and turned pale.