NINE

did you really think i'd make jiraiya hana's father?

CHAPTER NINE
__________________________
"Mom!" A heaving Naruto breathed, doubling over as he collapsed onto a patch of newly planted marigolds.

"I just—okay." The blonde woman laughed a little, crossing her arms."What's wrong? You look beat."

"Kakashi said he was busy training Sasuke, so he gave me Konohamaru's stupid sensie to work with!" He whined."And then I left him and went on my own, and then I ended up being chased by a crazy old man who calls himself a Toad Sage!"

Hana blinked."Toad Sage?"

"Yeah! Anyway, can you train me?" The knucklehead pleaded."You're a War God, right?"

"That's just a nickname."

"Well you must've been pretty good if they gave you it!"

She shook her head in amusement."Back to the Toad Sage."

"Oh, right! Well, he had white hair and he had this red streaks down his cheeks." He moved his hands over his face."He wears these weird shoes—"

"Geta sandals?" She interrupted eagerly.

"Yes! Those are the ones!" Naruto confirmed.

She jumped up."That's Jiraiya!"

"Who?"

"Your adopted grandpa—my dad!" She grinned, her thigh-length hair swishing to the side as she moved."This is great!"

"The guy who chased me is my grandpa?" He raised a brow.

"Yeah—!"

"I'm too young to be called a Grandpa."

Hana grinned in an instant as soon as she heard the voice, running over to the same white haired man wearing sandals and gave him a great hug, squeezing him tight affectionately.

Jiraiya smiled."You're killing me, Tsunade Jr."

She smiled back and hit his shoulder as lightly as possible."I missed you."

"Yeah, I missed you too kid."

NOTES
WELL YOU WERE RIGHT.
i know having jiraiya as the father is a cliche bc "everyone does it" and "jiraiya and tsunade obviously were meant to be so of course they would have a child together" but i believe i can make a super beautiful story line with this so give me a chance! and sorry for not updating life has been genuinely hectic.