EIGHTEEN

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN _______________________"I'm home!" Hana called out as soon as she stepped into the house around her, her chocolate brown eyes flickering around the room to find her family

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
_______________________
"I'm home!" Hana called out as soon as she stepped into the house around her, her chocolate brown eyes flickering around the room to find her family.

"Hey. Welcome back." Kakashi turned the corner that led to the living room, holding their baby cradled in his arms with an unreadable expression.

She smiled at him pleasantly, taking the baby into her own arms to give him a quick greeting and a kiss on the top of his head before sitting him down into his high chair. "So I stopped by the hospital to see how my mom was doing because I heard she had a surgery scheduled for today, and I had to give her the report on how my mission went."

The silver-haired man laughed nervously. "Of course."

"And then when I saw her, she told me it was Choji she was doing the surgery on. Naruto's friend." The blonde told him. "Then she told me that Neji, Shikamaru, and Kiba were there too. And I said wait, not Guy, Asuma, nor Kurenai scheduled any missions with their teams because they were with me on ours. But, she asked me to help her even though I was standing there in total disbelief. And I did."

"Mm."

"And while we're in there, she asks me how her grandchild is doing. Naruto." She continued with a fake smile plastered onto her face, but the latter could tell she was clearly angry.

"Listen, I was going to tell you when you got back. But he told me not to, and I had already talked to him—" Kakashi began.

"—And when I said I had no idea and asked her why she'd say that, she told me that he and the rest of his friends went to go find Sasuke?" Her voice raised to a higher level. Anyone could sense the tone of utter disbelief she was speaking in at the moment. "That Sasuke Uchiha, the kid I've known for more than a year now and care about like he was my own child, had went to go find Orochimaru so that he could find a greater power and go kill his brother."

The Senju didn't know it, but by now there were tears flooding down her cheeks like a river, and her husband reached out to pull her into a hug.

"All I could think about was how Sakura was holding up. I went to go find her, and I saw her in the place I'd least expect it. My son's room." She cried, sobbing into the taller being's chest. "And I saw him sitting up in bed talking to her with bandages covering every inch of his body. I couldn't move, I couldn't say anything, I couldn't breathe."

"Shh." Kakashi pushed her forward just a little and gave her a kiss on her forehead to calm her down.

Her cries got quieter. "I couldn't do any of those things until he looked up from talking to Sakura and smiled at me. He smiled at me, just like it was any other day. Like he wasn't in pain. And that's when I started crying, and he started acting mature all of a sudden."

Kakashi smiled. "I know."

"And so all I could think was, "God, the things he puts me through. But I don't care, I love this kid."