TWENTY SEVEN

CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN ________________________THREE YEARS LATER

________________________
THREE YEARS LATER

THERE'S A CERTAIN TIME in a mother's life where she has to let her child go off and do things for themselves. They might go searching for a job, or buy an apartment to live in. They start small, and then over time start tackling larger subjects. Hana never imagined she'd have to watch her sons go through the process of growing up. And as much as the thought scared her, she handled it with grace and simply did her job of being supportive. Or she tried to, at least.

"He's getting married, Kakashi." The blonde spoke quietly with her husband. She was fiddling with her fingers intensely. She always knew the day would come, but not this soon.

"You can't really be so worried?" Kakashi scoffed at her in amusement. He put down his copy of Icha Icha and rest his hand on hers, smiling through his mask. "We weren't any younger when we got married. Besides, he loves her. What could go wrong?"

"I...I'm so happy he found someone he's in love with. Really." Hana admitted, smiling softly. "He deserves the best, and only the best. I can't express how much Naruto deserves. And I do think that he can't do any better than Hinata. I just didn't realize that he'd be leaving us so quickly. I'm not that prepared is all."

"Did you think Tsunade was ready? Or Jiraiya was ready?" The silver-haired man asked rhetorically, chuckling at the memory of the couple's wedding day. "They almost beat me into the ground while they were giving me a speech about how if I was to ever hurt you I'd regret it. But, they overall trusted me because they believed I was good for you."

She giggled, her cheeks turning pink as she nodded. "I remember. Walking in on that was one of the funniest and scariest thing that ever happened that day."

"The point is, you believe she's good for him." Kakashi gave her a knowing look. "Besides, he's not leaving. Not really, anyway. He loves you too much to do that."

"When did you get so wise?" Hana quizzed, smiling at her significant other fondly.

Kakashi shrugged, and the woman leaned over to plant a kiss on the side of his head, getting up from the green couch.

"Dad, we gotta go." Katsuo reminded his father, tying his headband. He made his way out of his room quickly, patiently waiting at the door.

"Have a good day, you two!" Hana called from the kitchen, the sound of plates being put into the sink following. "And don't overexert yourself by using your Sharingan for too long, Katsuo. Love you both!" 

"You too, Mom!" The boy called back, thinking about his response for a second before adding, "Minus the Sharingan thing."

"Love you too. I'll see you for dinner." Kakashi said simply, opening the door of the family's large home. He was met with a semi-surprised Naruto and his fiancé by his side, Sakura standing behind the two.

"I'm just here for Katsuo." The pinkette told the man.

"We're here for Mom." Naruto spoke for Hinata and himself, rubbing the nape of his neck sheepishly with a grin.

"Okay. You have visitors." Kakashi spoke loudly, walking past them. Sakura and Katsuo followed his lead.

"Oh?" Hana rounded the corner, her lips forming a smile when she spotted the couple. This was one of the moments where she had to act graceful and supportive, even though she truly was. It was simply hard for her to not be affected by the events that were happening. She was off her game.

"Nice to see you, Mrs.Hatake." Hinata's face turned a light shade of red when she spoke to her. Truth was, she was intimidating. She knew she would do anything for her son, including getting rid of something in his life that she deemed not worthy. Or that's what she thought, at least.

"Please, Hinata. We're going to be family in only a week. Call me Hana." She grinned, bringing her into a hug first.

Naruto seemed pleased at the interaction, grinning himself. He never let go of his fiancé's hand during the greetings.

"Listen, Mom. I'm going on a small mission." He had began to explain after they had finished.

Hana held a scolding look, but didn't say anything.

"I know, I know. "There's only a few days left till your wedding day! You should be resting!" I know, Mom." Naruto spoke her thoughts, chuckling. "But it's kind of a 'last' mission with everyone. And I was wondering if you could spend time with Hinata. 'Till Sakura's done helping Katsuo with his chakra control, at least. Please."

"Of course."

Hinata's face lit up. She gave her soon to be mother-in-law a small smile. "Thank you."

Hana gave her a close-eyed smile.

"Nonsense. It's a pleasure to have the honor of spending time with the woman my son is going to be happily spending the rest of his life with."

NOTES
hm...how would you guys feel about me doing a sakura harunoxfem!oc ? or about me doing facts about the books i've published as well? (not as a whole book. just a chapter)

-theanimesociety x