TWENTY THREE

CHAPTER TWENTY THREE__________________________Laughter could be heard throughout the large house that held a certain couple's two children

__________________________
Laughter could be heard throughout the large house that held a certain couple's two children. The silver-haired boy grinned a grand smile at his brother as another joke was made. That's the only noise that had filled the air throughout that entire day. Well, that, and the two sibling's conversation.

"What time did Mom and Dad say they were gonna be back?" Katsuo asked, his honey eyes flickering to the clock that ticked on the wall in front of them. His grin faded just a bit when he saw that it was about the time when they'd all have dinner together. If the couple weren't on a mission, that is.

"Don't worry about it, 'Suo." Naruto replied dismissively. He reached up to ruffle his brother's mop of hair. "If they aren't back in thirty minutes we'll go eat some ramen, all right?"

Katsuo nodded.  "Deal."

The blond, satisfied by the answer, smiled. His blue orbs were filled with slight worry, but he would never let the latter see it. The truth was, he was scared about what was going on in the meeting Hana and Kakashi were at just about then. He was scared about what they were saying. What they were going to do about him. And yet, he didn't look the part. He simply sat on the hardwood floor of his home and threw a tennis ball at the wall opposite of the two.

"Hey, nii-san...you'd tell me the truth, right?" The five-year old said suddenly, playing with the strings of his hood.

"Yeah." Naruto said, his brows scrunching up out of confusion. "Why?"

"Why are Mom and Dad up all night and day making plans?"  Katsuo questioned curiously. "Is there something wrong?"

The teen froze in his spot. Once he caught the yellow tennis ball, his hand tightened around it. He didn't quite know how to answer the question in a way that wouldn't worry that child, and so he sighed.

"They're..." He paused. "Well, the truth is, there's people after what's inside me, 'Suo."

"They want Kurama—Wait, no. They want you?"

"Yeah. And Mom and Dad are finding a way to protect me."

Katsuo's eyes widened. "That's where they're at now? Are they with Grandma? Are they going to send you away? Are they going to war for this? They can't! Nii-san, you can't leave me again!" He panicked.

Naruto lifted himself up onto his knees and leaned over to give his sibling a hug. He felt the silver-haired boy relax in his arms and wrap his own around him.

"I have to go, but I will never leave you. I promise." He whispered. "But, 'Suo, it's my job to protect the village. That means you too. So, you be safe while I'm gone, okay? You need to wait for me to come back. Because I am coming back, ya know."

"Okay." Katsuo mumbled. "I love you, Nii-san. Remember that."

"I love you too."

NOTES
hey guys! sorry that this is such a short chapter. i tried my best! but starting today this chapter is going to be a five-part thing leading to something i'm writing. it's going to be like its an actual book with chapters that relate to each other. i don't know if you guys will like it but I'm hoping so.

thanks for sticking with me!

-theanimesociety x