TWENTY TWO

CHAPTER TWENTY TWO paragraphs in italic are flashbacks ________________________1 MONTH LATER

CHAPTER TWENTY TWO
paragraphs in italic are flashbacks
________________________
1 MONTH LATER

"It's Game Day, everybody!" Kiba cheered loudly in the open training field where all of his friends sat together. He grinned excitedly, and Akamaru let out his own little bark of excitement too.

"Yeah!" Naruto joined in, giving his brown-haired friend a high five. His usually bright smile was plastered on his face. He was happy. It was his first Game Day in years.

"What has you down, Naruto?" Kakashi asked the boy with his hands in his pockets. The two were walking in a peacefully quiet part of the village. Trees started to surround them as they walked deeper and deeper into what seemed like a forest.

"I miss everyone." He admitted. Kicking a rock that stood in his path, he looked up at his adoptive father. "We're all busy now. I just wish we could spend at least one day together."

The man with gravity defying hair took one of his hands out of his pockets and ruffled his adoptive son's yellow mane. Smiling through his mask, he uttered something the thirteen year old couldn't quite catch.

"What?"

"N-Naruto!" A blushing Hinata stammered nervously. Oblivious, the latter cocked his head to the side in confusion.

"Hinata? What are you doing here?"  Naruto questioned in a halfly rude manner. He wasn't trying to be that way. Not at all. She just rarely hung out with him, thus causing his confusion.

"Hana s-sent me." The girl explained. "All the sensei's g-got together a-and organized s-something. T-They're calling it Game D-Day."

He looked behind her and saw each of his friends, sitting down on the open field with grins on their faces. They were laughing and joking with each other, while some others were talking about what was they thought was about to happen.

"Oh, wow! Cool!" Naruto grabbed Hinata's hand and pulled her towards the large group, stopping in front of his team with the largest smile possible. "Sasuke, Sakura! You guys are here too?"

"Forget about it, loser. I'm only here because Hana wanted me here." Sasuke answered.

"Me too." Sakura hurried to agree with her crush.

"Doesn't matter. I'm just glad you're here."

"Hey, you okay, Nii-san?" Katsuo questioned his brother with a soft smile. He nudged the yellow-haired teen with his forearm as gently as possible.

"I'm great. You excited for your first game day?" Naruto nodded, his own smile never faltering.

"Yeah."

"Yeah?" The Uzumaki laughed, bringing the five year-old into a hug.

"You guys ready?" Sakura plopped herself down on a patch of grass next to the two siblings. Her emerald eyes analyzed the two.

"Yup. Where did you go?" Katsuo tilted his head to the side.

"Ugly made me help her get juice." Sai answered for the girl, sitting in front of the group with his seemingly permanent fake smile.

"Yay, Sai!"

"Did he just completely ignore the fact that he called me ugly?" Sakura asked in disbelief, turning to Naruto with wide eyes.

"'Suo likes Sai too much to defend you." He joked, and the pinkette raised her arm to punch her friend's shoulder. Hard

And instead of whining about how she hit him too much, a grin took over his features, and all he could think about was his friends, and his brother, and his adoptive parents who put this whole thing together for him three years ago to cheer him up. So he said,

"I'm really glad I'm here with you guys."

NOTE
sorry i haven't uploaded in so long guys. here you go! sorry it's such a crappy chapter
-theanimesociety x