SEVENTEEN

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN________________________"Katsuo

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
________________________
"Katsuo." Kakashi called for his child's attention, holding a spoon of baby food in his hand with a hum.

Katsuo simply smiled at his father adorably, cooing at him as he accidentally hit the jar in front of him.

"You're lucky you're my kid." The man muttered, bending over to grab it. "And that I love you. Don't tell your mom that I forgot to add that."

"Are you seriously talking to him again?" Naruto strolled into the living room while tying on his headband.

"No..." He replied hesitantly, bobbing his leg up and down at a constant rate.

"You're freaking out." The yellow-haired boy observed, letting out a laugh. "Mom's off on a mission and you are scared about taking care of me and Katsuo by yourself! All you have to do is say one thing and I can see it."

"I'm not scared of taking care of a thirteen year old and a four month old. Please."

"He likes the yellow spoon." The boy told him. "And he likes it when you make noises like it's flying into his mouth. It makes it fun for him."

"Oh." Kakashi murmured.

"I know you feel bad that you can't be here all the time." The Uzumaki cocked his head at him. "He loves you, though. Old Man Jiraiya talks about you all the time to him, Granny Tsunade talks about you, and I even show him pictures of you."

The silver-haired man gave his adopted son a grateful, close-eyed smile. "Thank you."

"Just try and be here from now on. 'Suo misses you, ya know! He's always asking for you. He can't talk yet, but he reaches his arms out to show me he wants to see you. Sakura, Sasuke and I can handle ourselves if you need a couple days off."

Kakashi nodded, ruffling the boy's hair as he continued to smile.

"Well, I'm leaving. I'm training with Old Man Jiraiya to learn something." Naruto slipped on his jacket, smiling after. "You finally have a kid. Don't mess it up, okay?"

"I've always had a kid ever since i've met you, Naruto. Now I have one more to love."