{Part Ten} Traitor

Eddie POV

Beverly was the only other person to hear it, a loud piercing scream, coming from deep into the barrens, towards the kissing bridge.

"Henry." I shout breaking into a run. Bev quickly runs as well and we grab our bikes. Another scream. Everyone else heard it this time and started getting on their bikes and as Stan had safely (and slowly) got onto his bike we bolted up the steep, bumpy, overgrown path.

It's a long way up to the Kissing bridge from where we usually hang out. Everyone in school knows that that is in Henry and his followers area of patrol, so pretty much everyone in the Losers Club avoids it. Plus who wants to kiss on a dirty old bridge that has hundreds of names carved into it, some from long before any of us were born, definitely one of the most unhygienic places in town.

I glance at Mike and Richie in the corner of my eye, they both look like they are going to pass out at any minute, but Ben is even worse, he is bright red and huffing and puffing, actually if I properly look at everyone, they are all struggling to keep up with me, which is very surprising as I'm usually the slowest in the group, I reach for my inhaler and take a huge pump of it, making my mind focus on the task ahead.
"We're nearly there..." Bev points out,
"Right what's the plan," I said slowly slowing to a stop.

"We could..." Bill glances at Ben for support with his answer.

"Urr..." Ben sighs

"What are we doing! Every second we stay here contemplating on the plan of attack, another second Josh is getting beaten up by Henry!" Mike shouts!

"Mikes right" I shout "everyone grab something you can throw."

Everyone starts looking around for something he could possibly use. He picks up what looks like a beer bottle.
"Derry's Finest Home-made Port"
"This will do." He says showing Bill what he found.

"Y-yeah well l-o-o-ok at t-h-is-s-s" Bill says holding up what looks like a vine.
" A whip?" Stan asks,

"Nevermind, I wa-s-s thinki-ng abou-t strangling?" Bill sighs dropping the vine of the ground and looking for something else.

"That sounds good, but quickly decide we need to go!!" I shout rolling my bike over into some bushes, everyone else does the same.

"Ready?" I then ask,
"As ready as I will every be" Mike states looking stiffly in the direction of the kissing bridge, which was less then a few feet from us.

"Let's go get em" Richie shouts breaking into a run towards the danger, swinging his belt and screaming.
I suddenly follow him screaming and soon everyone else joins in.

We jumped over the gate and prepared ourselves for a whole lotta pain. Just as we did so, another scream was filling the air. And then laughter.

I looked at Henry and his goons crying of laughter and I obviously must have had a very confused look on my face as Richie grabbed my arm and nodded at me. My confidence was back and the tingling feeling lingered.
Henry wiped his tears and turned around and saw us,

"Well well well, final test newbie, get rid of the Losers." Henry tuts. A tall dark figure steps out from behind him and cracks him knuckles.

It was Josh.