{Part Twenty-eight} SOS

TW

Richies POV

I woke up early this morning in case my mother comes into my room. I left Eddie to sleep though, he looked so peaceful, I didn't want to disturb him. It was 8.43 and I was pacing around the bathroom panicking.

Just do it Richie, ask him out! What's the worse thing that could happen?! He could say no. But he won't! Beverly said he would say yes! What does Beverly know? He kissed you Richie for fucks sake stop being a pussy! This could ruin our friendship! But it will eat you up inside if you don't tell him! And if you won't, maybe he will ask YOU out, and god knows that you are not prepared for that, FUCk I'm over thinking this, it's EDDIE for fucks sake, even if he says no we can work through it, he'll tell the losers about it and they will all leave you forever. You will be alone and helpless. Don't do it. Do it. No. Yes. No! Yes!

"Shit I'm not ready for this."

"Ready for what?" I jump at the voice before relaxing after seeing the boys small figure in the doorway. "Um Chee I don't feel very well-"

"RICHIE YOU BETTER HAVE YO ASS OUT OF BED. WHEN I COME UP YOU BETTER BE CHANGED FAG" I hear my mothers quick steps pacing up the stairs so I grab Eddie hand ignoring the blush that creeps up his face and pull him into my room, shoving him into the wardrobe before kicking the smaller bed under mine. A few seconds later she bursts into my room and looks around knowingly. She grumbles looking into my eyes before turning to go, "I'm going out, don't burn this shit-hole down." As soon as she's downstairs I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding in and let out the small boy.

"Rich I really feel, really feel unwell."

"Go lie down on my bed I'll go get you some painkillers." I watch him hobble over to my bed before leaving the room into the bathroom once again. I grab a glass and fill it with water and take two painkillers out the packet. I look down into the water while walking into the room. I don't want to see his face when I finally tell him.

"So Eds" I let out a little chuckle "I've been meaning to tell you something, I um really like you and I think you're beautiful and funny and cute and I want to hug and kiss you all day and if this has ruined our friendship I'm sorry, I just had to tell you. It's always been you Eddie-spaghetti, always." I ramble, I'm holding the glass so tight my knuckles are white and after a few seconds of silence I just can't take it anymore. I look up at the boy from the doorway, his body is moving so fast I can't focus on it. He's jerking in every direction possible, shaking, his mouth wide open. He seems to be trying to say something but his mouth his filled with spit that's frothing all over him. Everything feels like it's in slow motion. The glass drops out of my hand and smashes all over the ground. A large piece slashes my ankle but I can't feel it. All I can focus on is Eddie. Not the trail of blood I'm leaving as I run to our home phone. I'm trying to scream but nothing is coming out. I dial in 911 not being able to stand still.

"911 what's your emergency?"

"My friend he's he's jerking and shaking help please help" As soon as I try to speak I choke on a sob and tears come pouring out of me.

I give her all the information and she informs an ambulance will be here in less then a few minutes. I hang up the phone as soon as possible and run back up the stairs unconsciously limping. He was still, lying flat on his back, his chest moving up and down with every uneven breath.

I hold him to my chest crying.

"I love you Eddie. I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry. Please don't leave me Eds." I kiss him softly on his cheek. I hear the ambulances pull up outside but I hear something else much more clearer,

"Don't call me Eds." He mumbles with his eyes closed, "You know how much I-I"

Before he can finish the door swings open and two or three men walk in and take Eddie away. They ask me questions in the ambulance but all I can focus on is the breathing mask attached to Eddies face.

It's all my fault.