{Part Twelve} Sneaking

(A/N: Trigger warning, abuse)

Eddies POV

"So..." I start before getting interrupted by Richie,

"I just gotta ask man.. why did you do it?" He says staring at the floor as we dawdle slowly.

"I... I just... I don't know..." I mumble I'm really hating this conversation and I must be showing it on my face as Richie changes the conversation swiftly.

"Did you do your maths homework?" He asks even though he knows the answer.
"Yes of course I have Richie" I roll my eyes at him and start giggling uncontrollably, he starts laughing really loud now and I don't know why I've only just noticed this but, Richie has the most beautiful laugh. We finally caught our breathe and walked in comfortable silence for a few minutes. Until we reach the end of my road. Richie lives four doors down from me and so we always walk together, mommy doesn't like Richie though, she says he's a 'bad influence' which I guess in someways is true but he's really sweet sometimes and considerate. I wonder how mommy would react to my falling in love with him.
Wait.
I did not just think that.
Oh shit.

Richie POV

I really wanted a answer from Eddie but as it was obvious he didn't want to talk about it yet so I didn't pressure him, I just really wanted us to go back to normal. We are approaching his house and I could tell he was searching for his mother. She hates me ever since 5th grade. We had an argument and Eddie told his mom about it. It was a long time ago though, man she holds a grudge.
"It's 7 Richie" Eddie mumbles " make sure you hurry back.."
I nod. I don't want to go missing.

"Say thanks to your mom for me, had a great time last night" I laugh and give him a awkward hug. His cheeks flash crimson and I jog off towards my house smiling.
"Mom, I'm homeeee." I yell and I wander into the living room where she's passed out on the la-Z-boy with a bottle of vodka in her limp arm. I sigh and start walking towards the stairs,

"Richie..." I hear coming from the living room. I freeze, my whole body tenses up.
"RICHIE" I hear again.
"Y-yes Mom" I hesitantly walk back into the living room.
"Your late." She slurs
"Sorry mom won't happen again I was walking E-Eddi-" She strikes my face.
"Leave!" She yells I run up the stairs sobbing and lock my bedroom door behind me. I wipe my tears on my sleeve and stare at the red mark forming on my pale cheek. I have cold look in my eyes as more tears appear, I close my eyes and flop down on my bed, hundreds of thoughts rushing through my head. I hear muffled snoring from downstairs so I grab my coat and unlock the window. I've done this hundreds of times, sneaking to party's, friends  houses, sleepovers, anywhere other then my house. I slip down and the first place I think of going is Eddies, he will know what to do.