{Part Nineteen} Interrogation

Beverlys POV

"Are these yours?" I say, as loudly as possible, slamming the pack of Camels on the science desk.

"Yeah! Are they?" Ben asks trying to look as threatening as he can, his eyebrows tight together, eyes glaring into Richies, mouth in a crooked line of confusion.

"What is this some fucking interrogation? Why do you need to know anyway, and Ben sweety listen, I told you, you didn't have to pay for what I did the other night" He winks with a lopsided grin on his face. When neither of us give a reaction to his crude comment his grin drops, "guys why didn't you laugh that was a good one" he jokes again, but soon stops, realising how serious we are.

"Are.These.Yours?" I ask again clenching my teeth together, I'm not mad at him, I think its hilarious actually, but knowing Richie, if he sees any amusement on your face he will use it to his advantage and make jokes trying to get out of the sticky situation hes gotten himself into.

"Can I keep em?" Richie asks trying to avoid my sharp stare, I nod and he grabs the packet from the desk and inspects them with a murmur of appreciation. Flicks open the packet and pulls out two fresh cigs, offering them to me and Ben, obviously Ben refuses and gives the dirtiest look his innocent, adorable little face can muster, I except though, swiftly taking it from his hand and reaching behind me to grab the previous teachers lighter.

"Chin chin" I say and we raise our cigarettes in the air before lighting them quickly, god if Eddie knew we were smoking inside he would have a fit, Eddie, suddenly I remember the reason we are here and I glance at Ben ready to begin our interrogation. A cough and a splutter brings my eyes back to Richie, who is in the middle of a coughing fit.

"Ugh," He says wiping his teary eyes "I totally forgot that I can't STAND Camel cigarettes, makes my insides burn." I take a long drag out of mine and whisper "pussy" while blowing smoke into his face. This makes him crack up and soon we are both laughing like seals, clapping our hands and making noises we have never made before. With tears of laughter in my eyes I glance over at Ben once more to see him not laughing but deep in thought. It seems as it hit him though as his mouth is suddenly wide open like a goldfish.

"Beverly. Outside NOW" He says shouting 'NOW' so loudly it startles Richie who is now looking at us both with extreme confusion.

"I'll explain later Richie.." I say while Ben grabs my hand and pulls me out the classroom.

Once outside I ask what the hell just happend, he replies with a face palm,

"Richie doesn't like Camels, so it wasn't him in the bathroom, who was it?"

"Oh shit Ben" I say in return "Oh shit"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bills POV

With around half an hour left of lunch I decide to have a wander around, looking for someone to talk to about my.. feelings, or whatever. I see Mike by his locker and I call his name while jogging towards him, Mike is a good person to go to about your problems. He would never tell any one firstly and secondly he gives out the best advice out of the losers.

"Hey Mike" I say once I reach him,

"Big Bill how are you this fine afternoon?" he replies in a jokey way.

"G-good, um actually c-can I talk to y-you about something" I hesitantly ask.

"Sure Bill what is it?" he says and I look both ways before dragging him into an empty English classroom.

"Urrr.. umm... it-t-s quit-t-te har-d to s-s-ay" Whenever I'm stressed my stutter gets worse, I try to calm myself down but it doesn't work so it's getting worse and worse by the second.

"Big Bill, hey, it's okay, take your time." Oh and reason number three, Mike is the most patient person I know, he never gets frustrated with my stutter. After I have a few seconds to compose myself, I decide to tell him, to just get it out.

I take a deep breath and mumble, "Ilikestan" as fast as I can,

"what was that?" Mike asks, obviously not hearing what I said.

"I l-like Stan.." I say louder and more slowly with my eyes tightly squeezed together. Mike gasps and I hear another noise coming from the doorway. Reluctantly, I open my eyes and see Mikes face in utter shock and none other then Stan standing in the doorway, his hand covering his wide open mouth.

"S-s-tan!?" I shout but he's already gone down the corridor

"S-S-SHIT" I yell and glance at Mike one more time, who is still standing in shock at what the hell just happened, I roll my eyes at him and run out the classroom after Stan.

I find him in the toilets a few minuets later,

"S-stan? I say, nervous as hell, "I'm sorry, I ur, d-didn't mean f-for you to h-ea-r that," I continue walking towards the stall where I can hear little sniffs "Stan?" I say one last time "I'll give you s-s-ome space." and with that I walk out the bathroom with tears forming in my eyes.