{Part Twenty-seven} Chee

Richies POV

"So..um ha ha" Stan says, nervously laughing before glancing at Bill and nodding.

"It f-feels wrong to do it w-without Eddie but.." Bill shrugs before nodding back to Stan. Eddie didn't return to school the next day, only Richie knew the true reason why. The others just thought he was sick, which in some ways he was.

"Rich? Hellllloooooo??" Bev clicks in my face which snaps me back out of my trance.

"R-right." Bill starts, "Now we h-have everyo-n-nes attention,"

"We're dating" Stan blurts out, so fast Ben and Mike didn't catch it but the looks on our faces and they instantly knew.

"BEN MY MAN YOU OWE ME A DOLLAR" I shout at Ben with a wicked grin on my face.

"I'm so happy for you Bill! What happened after you ran off after Stan?" Mike asks remembering the unfortunate event that happened only a week or two ago.

"Um S-stan showed up at my h-house and..." He trails off nervously looking at Stan for the 100th time.

"We get it! You fucked on the kitchen counter!" I exclaim before starting to fake gag. "I ATE FOOD OFF OF THERE BILLIAM HOW DARE YOU!" Everyone cracks up as Stan and Bill just roll their eyes in sync.

"Aw young love." Beverly coos it them before the bell for first period rang and the group breaks into three going to different lessons. Beverly heads to science with Mike in the west corridor, Ben, Stan and Bill head towards art on the complete other side of the school. I however walk the opposite way to my math lesson and towards the front office and duck behind a unknown plant as the head teacher stalks past me and into his private office. As soon as I'm in the clear I sigh deeply before sneaking past the receptionist and out the school.

It's time to get to work.

~~~~~~

I've got plenty of time to get my room ready for Eddie it just has to be perfect! I know he always complains about how messy my room is so I'll start there. I unlocked the door to my house quickly knowing that my mother is probably still inside, I really do not wanna be caught by her today. Luckily, the beast is passed out on the sofa so I'm in the clear. My room is.. worse than I thought... I need to get to work to be able to meet Bev for 4th period. I pick up a few clothes off the floor and shove them in the top draw as well as chucking some other junk into my desk. This has to be perfect because of me and Bevs plan. If it goes wrong, our friendship could be ruined..

So my plan for the room is to get the blow up bed and hopefully it will fit under my bed so I can just pull it out every night for Eds. I'm going to clear my bottom drawer so he can put his stuff there and if I have time, create a little den in the tiny wardrobe so when he has to hide from my parents it will be comfortable. Oh god I hope he likes it..

It has to be perfect.

*1-2 hour time skip*

Third period has just started so I need to get back to school ASAP. I sneak down the stairs making sure to step over the creaking floorboard to not wake my mother and I slowly closed the door with my keys in hand. I grab my bike from the grass and pedal down as fast as I can to school which is something I have done many, many times in my life.

As I approach school I can hear the bell for 4th period ringing loudly and a familiar figure leaning on the bike rack.

"You're early for once!" Beverly sneers looking down at her blue wrist watch.

"That's what she said" I snigger

"Rich that doesn't even make any sense NOW hurry up! We haven't got all day!" She laughs starting to ride away towards Eddies house. "Last one there is a rotten egg!"